How is your brand now Ishaq? | Syracusefan.com

How is your brand now Ishaq?

haha I was about to post the same thing. At least he can say he whiffed at a tackle in the national championship.

I don't think Mommy and Daddy cheated while they were at Syracuse. I don't think you picked the right place to grow as a young man and as a football player.

His father really screwed SU over , he is proud of his work. If Ishaq had come to Syracuse , he would have been treated as a favored son and his development would have been looked after , not just his abilities as a football commodity.

Can we drop it now? The kid made a choice four years ago that he felt would be best for him. Yeah he and his family phrased their decision in a way that irked people around these parts, but he went to a place he was happy to be.

Also if he's going to be cheating academically why would we have wanted him to be here to tarnish us, and possibly bring other players down with him.

Notre Dame has dismissed Ishaq for academic fraud. Three other key players/starters dismissed, as well. Odds are shifting in our favor for the game at MetLife. I like it! I hope he realizes now what crappy, idiotic advice he received and the NY contingent doesn't listen to that same fool.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...r-including-keivarae-russell-davaris-daniels/

I still don't get how people can begrudge a kid for choosing ND over a Syracuse in the first place. Especially 4-5 years ago, you have the chance to play for a bottom tier big east team in front of 30k fans or at ND who in their worst season garners sell out crowds and national audiences. The campus is also very nice and they are a true football school. Baldly he was 18. Still curious how some people would handle the attention these kids get.

I still don't get how people can begrudge a kid for choosing ND over a Syracuse in the first place. Especially 4-5 years ago, you have the chance to play for a bottom tier big east team in front of 30k fans or at ND who in their worst season garners sell out crowds and national audiences. The campus is also very nice and they are a true football school. Baldly he was 18. Still curious how some people would handle the attention these kids get.

the campus is ugly imho. i dont understand anyone that says otherwise. take away touchdown jesus and the football field and its a bunch of buildings that look the same in the middle of nowhere and without a doubt the ugliest girls i have ever seen on a college campus (no offense to anyone who may take offense to that). But it was that egregious. Also closer to BYU than to Syracuse on the party factor.

the campus is ugly imho. i dont understand anyone that says otherwise. take away touchdown jesus and the football field and its a bunch of buildings that look the same in the middle of nowhere and without a doubt the ugliest girls i have ever seen on a college campus (no offense to anyone who may take offense to that). But it was that egregious. Also closer to BYU than to Syracuse on the party factor.
we're the #1 party school, so there is no comparison.

we're the #1 party school, so there is no comparison.

and BYU is the stone cold sober campus for ~ 15 years running. My point was ND nightlife was really bad.

And you know this how?[/QUOTE

Ishaq really loved Syracuse. Up until the 11th hour Syracuse was the leader. His father wanted ND from day 1, against his mother's wishes as well. Much is made about ND's 3AM visit to Ishaq the night before his signing day, but SOMEONE had to ok the visit (dad, cough cough). This actually is one of the many reasons Marrone absolutely loathed recruiting.

You do realize that is your opinion and there is no way of knowing that for a fact. All I know is that there was a great deal of speculation at the time that he was going to ND and that his parents were trying to help out the alma mater by keeping SU in the final three, We will never know.

You do realize that is your opinion and there is no way of knowing that for a fact. All I know is that there was a great deal of speculation at the time that he was going to ND and that his parents were trying to help out the alma mater by keeping SU in the final three, We will never know.

No, this is not opinion.

I believe it was the Pinstripe bowl where Williams fully bought into the New York state pride Marrone was selling and mom wanted him to go to Syracuse.

But dad figured he could build his own personal brand better with a N.D. ON THE RESUME. His father has been a thorn for Syracuse ever sense

I believe it was the Pinstripe bowl where Williams fully bought into the New York state pride Marrone was selling and mom wanted him to go to Syracuse.

But dad figured he could build his own personal brand better with a N.D. ON THE RESUME. His father has been a thorn for Syracuse ever sense
And now he's getting his payback, which as they say is a son of a bitch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom