How many people remember this game from 1987 between the Giants and the Bills | Syracusefan.com

How many people remember this game from 1987 between the Giants and the Bills

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Some call it the worst game ever. Giants were coming off a Super Bowl win and never prepared for any replacement players. Bills basically did the same. This was the third of three replacement games so the Giants had LT back and Jeff Rutledge at QB. The Giants were so bad that Rutledge was 17 for 46 and LT was even lining up at wide receiver. There was no scoring until the 4th Quarter and the final was 6-3 Bills in OT. By the end of the game hardly anyone was left in the stands.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198710180buf.htm

Some call it the worst game ever.

They must not have saw the Derrick Anderson game where he completed 2 of 17 in a 6-3 Browns win @Buffalo. There was no strike excuse for that one.

I vaguely remember that one. Definitely remember all their games since. '90 17-13 Bills W @NYG, Kelly & Simms got hurt. Maybe another game that year I don't remember. '93 & '96 were both Sunday night TNT games, close Bills wins. '99 Giants upset was one of those underrated/bad Flutie games that gets glossed over because he was a media darling - entire NYG secondary was hurt iirc.

'90 17-13 Bills W @NYG, Kelly & Simms got hurt.

I was at that game. As a huge Simms fan, I was as angry as I've ever been at a game. Fans were applauding Simms' injury and went nuts when Hostetler came into the game.

It was also snowing/raining/freezing raining the entire game. Took me hours to thaw out after the game and I got really sick and was sick through Christmas.

The most miserable weather I ever encountered at any Giants game I've ever gone to...

Some call it the worst game ever. Giants were coming off a Super Bowl win and never prepared for any replacement players. Bills basically did the same. This was the third of three replacement games so the Giants had LT back and Jeff Rutledge at QB. The Giants were so bad that Rutledge was 17 for 46 and LT was even lining up at wide receiver. There was no scoring until the 4th Quarter and the final was 6-3 Bills in OT. By the end of the game hardly anyone was left in the stands.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198710180buf.htm
i remember it.

LT was wide open in the endzone and either Rut threw a bad pass, or LT dropped it.

wouldve won the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom