How many players on our roster can shoot 35% from 3pt range for a season? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

How many players on our roster can shoot 35% from 3pt range for a season?

Word has it the staff is recruiting a few players for next year's class.
I follow the recruiting but unless these kid are top 20 recruits and we are like Kentucky and they will take 2 years to fully develop in college ball.
JB likes to have veterans sprinkled in with these 1 or 2 and dones. We won't have any veterans except Chukwu/Howard/ Moyer that team will be like the 2008 or 2009 teams.

Our roster is imbalanced because we have so many openings that these Freshman will be necessary pieces rather than hoping they will be good. That will cause their draft stocks to become inflated and we are walking the line.

We need development prospects. That is why a Mike Bibby Jr. might not be bad in that he won't help next year but 2-3 years down the line if he is solid he could help us. We should filling up the roster with prospects and like baseball hope they develop into just rotation players. Adding no more would suck.

And weren't we exposed as a weak interior defensive team this year? The run to the Final Four was a bit of a fluke. Remember, we almost didn't make the tournament. The team had structural problems and the staff hasn't been working hard enough to make sure the roster is as full as sanctions will permit it to be.

Amen. I think we have the potential to be a stronger defensive (especially down low) and rebounding team.

Word has it the staff is recruiting a few players for next year's class.
Currently 12 for six to eight openings. SU gets fairly good recruits and one top-25-ish recruit every season. Right now, they'd have to hit almost .500 on their offers, which rarely happens to any team. Putting all their eggs in one recruiting class is pretty risky.

But hey, maybe its the start of a new era. SU could land five top-40 players and have the No. 1 class in D1. That would certainly be nice. It would just be out of character for the program. I'm just not betting my house on it.

I fully expect Battle to be one and done regardless how the teams does next year. I've been burned in the past, not even getting my hopes up. This time.

2017 Class seems like a domino type situation to me. Once one commits we will likely see a couple more in quick succession. Then that leads to a bunch of other commits to other schools which will start to get us the last couple guys. I'd bet we wind up with at least one grad transfer as well in 2017

Last edited:
JB had to know Kaleb and Chino were leaving. They also got the 11th scholarship back in November. That is what I am talking about. Gillon isn't enough. JB wanted more he brought in Gillon/Mullins/Albrecht and only got 1. He wanted more. We still haven't locked down Thompson because he wants PT and he sees that he will sit his Fr year.

I wish Thompson would man-up and play in the ACC. If the threat of competition for PT such an issue, he should go to smaller school. He should come here with the attitude he will win the job and get the PT because he's better than everyone else. This idea PT determines his decision is kind of weird. If he wants guaranteed playing time go play for St. Frances or the like and he can be the top dog for the whole team. Just man-up already is my thinking.

I follow the recruiting but unless these kid are top 20 recruits and we are like Kentucky and they will take 2 years to fully develop in college ball.
JB likes to have veterans sprinkled in with these 1 or 2 and dones. We won't have any veterans except Chukwu/Howard/ Moyer that team will be like the 2008 or 2009 teams.

Our roster is imbalanced because we have so many openings that these Freshman will be necessary pieces rather than hoping they will be good. That will cause their draft stocks to become inflated and we are walking the line.

We need development prospects. That is why a Mike Bibby Jr. might not be bad in that he won't help next year but 2-3 years down the line if he is solid he could help us. We should filling up the roster with prospects and like baseball hope they develop into just rotation players. Adding no more would suck.

Maybe the scholarship reduction is preventing the staff from taking on projects. We could end up with a team of projects.