How many times must this happen before the news covers it?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by longislandcuse, May 2, 2012.

1. longislandcuse

longislandcuse Living Legend

2. Guinness

Guinness Hall of Fame

What kind of dumb-ass gets of the car to confront a group of people like that? In this day and age you have to protect both yourself and the people you are with. That could have ended very badly for those two people because the guy let his ego get the better of him.

Now regarding the actual crime .. if those quotes from the police are accurate some folks need to be fired. At this point it is really no surprise that the media is not covering these cases and is actively burying them.
  3. Capt. Tuttle

Capt. Tuttle Hall of Fame

Blame the white victim. Good.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2
  4. Guinness

Guinness Hall of Fame

Yes. He was dumb-ass.. If you get out in the middle of a crowd looking for a fight chances are you will find one. You will notice however that nowhere did I excuse the behavior of the crowd. Thanks for playing though.
  5. NKR1978

NKR1978 Hall of Fame

How could the "media" have covered this, when the newspaper that the victims actually work as reporters for didn't cover it?
  6. exits funnel

exits funnel All Conference

Is there really an epidemic of unreported (by the media) black on white crime? (hint: no) Look, it's horrible what those people did to those reporters, but the reporters weren't even hospitalized. I mean, how many other incidents in southern Virginia resulted in cuts and bruises on that night?

If you actually want to be outraged by the media over something genuine, you should turn your attention to the extent to which they ignore crime when the victim is black. Compare the national media coverage of the kidnapping of Alexis Patterson (what? you don't recognize the name?) to that of Elizabeth Smart, to take one of the higher-profile examples. That's where the real outrage is.

-exits
    1040su and NKR1978 like this.
  7. longislandcuse

I dont know how that kidnapping is related to anything discussed here. Were her kidnappers white? Im talking about white on black and black on white violence. In the wake of Trayvon Martin and the media misrepresenting the story in the most sensationalist way possible I just wondered why possible black on white crimes are buried by the media and not considered a hate crime. You know if a mob of white people beat up 2 black people it would turn this nation upside down.
  8. NKR1978

NKR1978 Hall of Fame

That's not true.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/06/mississippi.hate.crime/index.html

This was last summer. A "mob" of white kids killed a black guy. This story barely made the national news and I don't remember Al Sharpton getting involved. The difference between that story and Trayvon Martin is the perpetrators were charged with a freaking crime. I don't understand why people continue to ignore the fact that it took a really long time for Zimmerman to be charged with anything is the reason why that story went national.

Here's a pretty fascinating read about the murder of James Anderson.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswe...-sends-its-first-hate-criminal-to-prison.html
    1040su likes this.
  9. exits funnel

Look, this is NOTHING like the Trayvon Martin case. Trayvon Martin was shot and killed. These guys got scrapes and bruises. Trying to draw some kind of equivalence between the two incidents makes you look silly.

-exits
  10. longislandcuse

Lol ok. Whatever you say. I was never trying to equate the two. My point is on media coverage, not Trayvon/Zimmerman being equal to the linked story. I get liberals cant argue without insults so if you think it makes me look silly thats fine by me. My point was obviously lost on you.
  11. exits funnel

Of course you were. If you don't think that the stories are similar then why would you expect that the media coverage should be? Jeez.

-exits
  12. armory

armory Hall of Fame

How many times does THIS have to happen before the news covers it?

[​IMG]
    EastCoast2 likes this.
  13. exits funnel

Any update for us on the secret Ron Paul delegate jujitsu strategy to win the GOP nomination?

-exits
  14. exits funnel

ps - I kid because I care :)

-exits
  15. TheRoyalIveyFund

TheRoyalIveyFund Starter

Is there an epidemic? No. Does it happen much more than it should? Absolutely.

It's been documented for decades how journalist/editors intentionally avoid covering stories that portray minorities in a negative light. Many former employees at the Big Three have given specific example over the years of not using photos because they were not "positive", or not mentioning color, or covering at all because of pressure from minority groups.

Regarding the point I bolded, your justification of it not being covered is awful. According to local talk show host last night on O'Reilly, they both missed a week of work. But, since they weren't hospitalized, it's ok on your part.

How many others that night pulled out by a group of 100 and attacked by at least 30 (from last night's report) based on being the wrong color?

There is no arrest yet? Why not at least some coverage by the MSM? I'm not saying Sharpton needs in on this but throw the story a bone or two.
  16. TheRoyalIveyFund

TheRoyalIveyFund Starter

You're pretty dismissive to LI Cuse's post and it's comical because you clearly don't have the facts. LIC is dead on. You look silly by not comprehending the connection. The local news interviewed the people that witnessed the incident and some of the stuff mentioned was:

-This is what happens when people that don't look like us come into our part of town.
    -Maybe this is a reaction from Trayvon Martin.

So, two black guys witnessing it coonclude that it was because they were white and possibly linked to Martin, but yet you are well enough informed to conclude Long Island Cuse is silly for stating the same?
  17. djcon57

djcon57 All Conference

I saw some guy get his ass beat in Rodondo Beach a couple weeks ago. It wasn't covered by the MSM. I am outraged.

Web Hosting Service by Host Duplex