How many times will Rak foul out? | Syracusefan.com

How many times will Rak foul out?

2-3zone

2nd String
At this rate i could see 10-12 games where Rak is gone late in the 2nd half

10-12 was going to be my guess, too. I actually don't see how he won't foul out in both Duke games. And if he doesn't foul out in games with legit Centers (i.e. Duke), he'll have to give up some uncontested buckets inside. Our forwards really need to rotate better and help him out near the rim.

This will be an issue all year long.. Wish we could get DC2 back pronto.

There will be 10-12 games he will get in foul trouble early in the second half. As a result, he will be doing a lot of sitting until late in games which will likely result in him being disqualified in 5-6 games. I'm sure JB would rather have him in the game in the last four minutes than playing with four fouls with 15 minutes to go. Not really any different approach with him than any starter.

At some point, JB may want to consider sitting him for for opening 2-3 minutes. Perhaps it's just psychological, but this tactic has worked with foul-prone players in the past. Make sure one of the few early whistles doesn't belong to Rak ..

He'll be fine - it's a bad sign early in the year to see him with 4 or 5 each game, but as the season progresses he'll take it down a notch. My faith in Rak never waivers!

Who knows. Iowa and Cal did have some more than normal skilled bigs.

He gets called for some real BS fouls though. In the second half vs Cal, stewart literally burrowed into him, Rak is trying to back away from him without offering ANY resistance, and the ref whistles Rak. It seems he is either committing careless, needles fouls, or phantom fouls..not your "good aggressive defense" type fouls.

If he keeps committing fouls 80 feet from the basket he will foul out a ton. He also needs to learn that in the 1st half, if his man has him beat, let him go. His fouls are much more important than giving up a deuce early in the game

The coaching staff should put a highlight reel together of Raks silly and needless fouls and show it to him clockwork orange style.

I don't think it's that simple. I think Rak gets lots of cheap fouls just because he's so big. There have been many times in replays where I wonder what the heck did he do wrong. I think the officials call fouls because players bounce off Rak so much. I will grant you some of them are blocking attempts which you expect. But it's very hard for someone to turn on and turn off the desire to block a shot. I'm not sure the answer will come from Rak playing better. I think the answer will come from having another player take those fouls. We will probably need to play CMac as center half the time. I think CMac is one-and-done for sure anyway. I would rather see JB start figuring out the best lineups without Rak sooner rather than later. I don't think the answer is trying to get Rak to foul less. A lot of it is outside his control.

A lot of what Roc needs to understand is that he has to try and go the whole game. Last year he didn't need to have that mindset with Kieta backing him. And Duke-----makes me shudder with Okafor and Plumlee to hold back as well as guards driving to the basket. He will need all the help he can get from McC and Roberson.

10-12 was going to be my guess, too. I actually don't see how he won't foul out in both Duke games. And if he doesn't foul out in games with legit Centers (i.e. Duke), he'll have to give up some uncontested buckets inside. Our forwards really need to rotate better and help him out near the rim.

Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Sometimes we challenge the shot, give up the bucket, pick up the foul and tack on the and one. We'd be better off giving up the two and taking possession.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom