How the bleep does BC schedule series with Kansas and Rutgers and we are a asleep at the wheel? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How the bleep does BC schedule series with Kansas and Rutgers and we are a asleep at the wheel?

I agree that Herm is sleeping behind the wheel regarding scheduling and would like to see the Cuse play the following teams in the upcoming years:
1) Rutgers (From NJ...Hate RU)
2) Vanderbilt (Hattie B's hot chicken)
3) Navy (Old rival)
4) Buffalo (Upstate NY Trophy)
5) Kansas (Little vs. Sayers)
6) Baylor (Comedy team of Dino & Ruhle)
7) Kentucky (We all hate Cal)
8) Purdue (Great tailgating)
Most are P5 and all are winnable.

Purdue owes us a home game for 2004. They really don't, but in my mind they do.

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 26m26 minutes ago
Boston College, Kansas add home/home series; 2019 at BC, 2020 at KU
Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN Jan 10
Rutgers, Boston College add home/home series; 2019 at Rutgers, 2022 at BC

Dear Herm we can schedule games more than 2 games for each year already. Jeez we are always one of the last schools to finish scheduling.

This is more spitballing than an attempt at excuse making, but... Is it just a lot easier for BC to schedule games?

It's an easier city to get to. For both away fans (and parents), as well as probably getting the whole football operation there.

It's a city where most state schools probably have a good amount of alumni that you can please.

I will say this my source in the AD said we are close to a deal with Vanderbilt.
If that interests anyone.
Anyone else here the same?

Nashville is a great road trip.

I agree that Herm is sleeping behind the wheel regarding scheduling and would like to see the Cuse play the following teams in the upcoming years:
3) Navy (Old rival)
I like your list except for Rutgers. I know I'm in the minority here but I don't want to play them. We fell behind in NJ recruiting when we lost to Rutgers or barely beat them. Let's recruit in that state without head to head W/L comparisons.

Way too difficult.

Is there a Vanderlay University we can play?

I'm envisioning us scheduling Vanderbilt, and then suddenly they bring in their next Jay Cutler and are an 8-4 team, and someone starts a thread in 4 years demanding to know why we idiotically scheduled Vandy. (see: USF this year)

I'm envisioning us scheduling Vanderbilt, and then suddenly they bring in their next Jay Cutler and are an 8-4 team, and someone starts a thread in 4 years demanding to know why we idiotically scheduled Vandy. (see: USF this year)

I think that's different. Vandy is an SEC team that many years we could beat. USF is now in a nobody league. If you're scheduling a nobody league team, it should be an auto W. if you're scheduling an SEC team, it should be one that you could reasonably expect to beat in many years, and not a near automatic loss.

I'm disappointed we missed out on scheduling Kansas when they had openings. I won't get many chances to go to a Syracuse game 45 minutes from my apartment.

someone complaining about USF is silly, they stunk when we scheduled them. No argument with you on that being a moronic complaint. Vandy is winnable at this point so no one should complain there either. LSU? wasn't winnable when scheduled, still really isn't.

And they scheduled very winnable games, another thing we need to figure out.
What's not winneable about playing LSU OOC on top of a conference slate of Clemson, FSU, UL, Pitt, and Miami all in the same year?

It's not like we're playing Alabama and/or a team that's apparently on 'Bama's level.

/sarcasm

Just be glad that we aren't playing the Patriots and Giants.

/Half joke - I'm sure we would if we could

Rutgers has already turned down a series with SU and I can't see them having any interest in playing us moving forward as it's a bad look for them if they lose.
Who cares?

We can play plenty of beatable regional teams. UConn, UMass, Army, Navy, Temple, SUNY Buffalo, etc. would love to play us whenever we want.

I'd personally rather see Syracuse play Army in NYC than RU. It's not like RU is special or unique.

3) Navy (Old rival)
Hattie B's hot chicken is a 3-5 year old joke that's played on tourists that don't know any better. Like all "Nashville hot chicken," its astonishingly horrible. Go to McDougal's if you want spicy chicken in Nashville. Their buffalo chicken is actually good.

And yes, I know someone was able to apply some twisted understanding of history to show that NHC is ~70 years old, and yes, I know hipster food blogs written by people who have never been to Nashville praise it, but nobody actually *from* Nashville eats it, and +99% of Nashvillians had not even heard of it ~5 years ago. It's a gross fad for tourists.

Last edited:
Who cares?

We can play plenty of beatable regional teams. UConn, UMass, Army, Navy, Temple, SUNY Buffalo, etc. would love to play us whenever we want.

I'd personally rather see Syracuse play Army in NYC than RU. It's not like RU is special or unique.
Most of the schools you listed have one or two schedule spots at most, and are already scheduled to play other P5 teams. Regardless of monetary gain, there's no reason they'd want to play SU, especially if they can't fit in those first 2 weekends of our schedule. We also don't want to give up a home game to travel to Temple or UMass.

There's more factors than just "beatable regional team".

Most of the schools you listed have one or two schedule spots at most, and are already scheduled to play other P5 teams. Regardless of monetary gain, there's no reason they'd want to play SU, especially if they can't fit in those first 2 weekends of our schedule. We also don't want to give up a home game to travel to Temple or UMass.

There's more factors than just "beatable regional team".
UConn is currently on the schedule. What do you mean they don't want to play us? UMass is indy. They have a tougher time filling their schedules than anybody in the nation - especially in the weeks that aren't the first 2 weeks of the season. Army is #2 in the UMass boat. UMD played us 2 years ago. What do you mean they don't want to play us. Like Navy, they're a historic rival.

If you going to go down the free schedule spot road, keep in mind that RU has a 9 conference game schedule that might jump to 10.

of all the discussion, schedueling ru for a 5 game series makes the most sense of all .
getting back in nj recruiting game, close road trip, fan bases that hate each other etc etc. bc was very smart in doing this. when did ru recently refuse a series with su???

of all the discussion, schedueling ru for a 5 game series makes the most sense of all .
getting back in nj recruiting game, close road trip, fan bases that hate each other etc etc. bc was very smart in doing this. when did ru recently refuse a series with su???

I'd love to play them right now for recruiting purposes, because they're so bad at the moment. Any offensive recruit watching that matchup would have to favor Cuse.

thanks for the info----but kyle is gone should we not revisit this
Rutgers has no incentive to do this deal, they know they'd lose and that it's bad for recruiting.

Rutgers has no incentive to do this deal, they know they'd lose and that it's bad for recruiting.
its odd though that they agreed but flood stopped it

3) Navy (Old rival)

Buffalo is a no win proposition. Pass

I like your list except for Rutgers. I know I'm in the minority here but I don't want to play them. We fell behind in NJ recruiting when we lost to Rutgers or barely beat them. Let's recruit in that state without head to head W/L comparisons.

That was 2 Rutgers coaches ago. They are historically bad on offense (and that's saying something). Currently, they are getting more NJ kids than us anyways.

I would not be surprised that they looked at it and choose BC over us; they'd rather play the Dazzler than Dino.

Who cares?

If we play these teams in football, it must be home and home. Screw NYC. The other team always has the fan advantage. ;)

3) Navy (Old rival)

My brother teaches at Vandy. I had Hattie B's once (not 'shut the cluck up' just 'hot' though). Really good. I tried Prince's last week...even better, IMO!