How the bleep does BC schedule series with Kansas and Rutgers and we are a asleep at the wheel? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

How the bleep does BC schedule series with Kansas and Rutgers and we are a asleep at the wheel?

SU's chancellor, Syverud was previously a professor then the dean of Vanderbilt's Law School, maybe that is still a good connection?

Come on Wildhack, just schedule UNLV one time

A game at Vanderbilt is a yes. I hear Nashville is a cool city. Make it a long weekend and ride the Tail of the Dragon into Music City.

If we play these teams in football, it must be home and home. Screw NYC. The other team always has the fan advantage. ;)
True for the most part, but a 5-game series (2-2-1) would be OK in this case.

Our fanbase demands Alabama and Ohio State...

I think one need ONE very good OOC opponent every year. That's it. Otherwise sign me for Rutgers, Kansas, Vanderbilt, etc. What is it that Herm does up there?

My brother teaches at Vandy. I had Hattie B's once (not 'shut the cluck up' just 'hot' though). Really good. I tried Prince's last week...even better, IMO!
It tastes like under flavored, yet over-seasoned bad buffalo chicken.

Are you a hipster or tourist?

If we play these teams in football, it must be home and home. Screw NYC. The other team always has the fan advantage. ;)
Out of curiosity, where do you think Rutgers and Army are?

It tastes like under flavored, yet over-seasoned bad buffalo chicken.

Are you a hipster or tourist?

Are you talking about Prince's or hot chicken in general?

Are you talking about Prince's or hot chicken in general?
Prince's and Bolton's are the way to go. Get the hot fish with cheese at Bolton's. I have a bar in East Nashville that would probably host us. Really hope this happens.

Prince's and Bolton's are the way to go. Get the hot fish with cheese at Bolton's. I have a bar in East Nashville that would probably host us. Really hope this happens.

Prince's was awesome. I don't know what that guy is talking about above. East Nashville is fun. My brother was in Germantown and just moved to Green Hills.

My brother is right in that area. He's known affectionately as the mayor of East Nashville. Love Rudies and Mickey's. 5 points has become a hipster haven but still some good places around.

My brother is right in that area. He's known affectionately as the mayor of East Nashville. Love Rudies and Mickey's. 5 points has become a hipster haven but still some good places around.

Ha. Cool. I've only been to Red Door and a bunch of the hipster overpriced pourover coffee spots around there. I like that Patterson House and Pinewood Social but they get packed. Rolf and Daughters and Butchertown Hall are cool in Germantown. The city is growing way too fast and getting insanely expensive if you ask me.

Ha. Cool. I've only been to Red Door and a bunch of the hipster overpriced pourover coffee spots around there. I like that Patterson House and Pinewood Social but they get packed. Rolf and Daughters and Butchertown Hall are cool in Germantown. The city is growing way too fast and getting insanely expensive if you ask me.
Yup, growing way too fast. Went down last fall to see John Prine at the Ryman and stayed in Germantown with friends. City is blowing up and not in a good way.

Yup, growing way too fast. Went down last fall to see John Prine at the Ryman and stayed in Germantown with friends. City is blowing up and not in a good way.

Totally. The congestion/traffic too. Cranes everywhere building. That stupid Gulch area never existed 10 years ago. Neither did Germantown really. My brother is house hunting and these nice but tiny bungalows with no yard around Vandy/Belmont and Germantown are like 600-800K!! No way he said.

Prince's was awesome. I don't know what that guy is talking about above. East Nashville is fun. My brother was in Germantown and just moved to Green Hills.
If you're describing East Nasty as "fun," there's a +95% chance that you're a raging hipster, which would explain why you like Nashville Hot Chicken.

If you're describing East Nasty as "fun," there's a +95% chance that you're a raging hipster, which would explain why you like Nashville Hot Chicken.

Look, I didn't say I would want to live in East Nashville. There ARE fun bars, good coffee shops, restaurants, etc., there. Everybody I know likes hot chicken. Straight shooters, hipsters, preppies. Assuming you can take some heat. I will also add that those hot chicken institutions there are using real chicken, done by hand dredging/breading/seasoning by family run establishments. Your 'buffalo chicken' dishes at horrendous BW3, Applebee's, Chili's and similar offenders are almost always using frozen patties delivered from headquarters (a lab) on a truck. You have been tricked by all the artificial seasonings and high sodium level to mask the crap product. Hot chicken is legit.

Last edited:
Austin has been ruined by explosive growth...cool to visit but I'd rather live in San Antonio.

i last saw john prine on the pbs special with the ngdb,allison krause, jerry jeff walker(who is originally from upstate ny). i am a big fan of jerry douglas who was also on that special. that guy is the best dobro player i have ever seen. seen him live many times. first saw him with jd crow and ricky scaggs back in the early 70's at a bg festival in corinth ny.

Look, I didn't say I would want to live in East Nashville. There ARE fun bars, good coffee shops, restaurants, etc., there. Everybody I know likes hot chicken. Straight shooters, hipsters, preppies. Assuming you can take some heat. I will also add that those hot chicken institutions there are using real chicken, done by hand dredging/breading/seasoning by family run establishments. Your 'buffalo chicken' dishes at horrendous BW3, Applebee's, Chili's and similar offenders are almost always using frozen patties delivered from headquarters (a lab) on a truck. You have been tricked by all the artificial seasonings and high sodium level to mask the crap product. Hot chicken is legit.
I think that you're probably a terribly misguided hipster, but I'll gladly buy you a beer and take you to a MUCH better chicken place if you live in Nashville. It's near Vandy, too.

PM me if you want free beer.

Cheers

EDIT: But I won't let you order PBR. You're apparently already eating NHC, and I can't let you make 2 terrible culinary decisions on my watch. I'd only let you do that if you're a Georgetown fan.

Last edited:
Austin has been ruined by explosive growth...cool to visit but I'd rather live in San Antonio.
I actually strongly dislike Austin, but I'm very much in the minority on that one.

Last edited:
I think that you're probably a terribly misguided* hipster, but I'll gladly buy you a beer and take you to a MUCH better chicken place if you live in Nashville. It's near Vandy, too.

PM me if you want free beer.

Cheers

Ha. Cheers to you. What is the chicken place, btw? Have you been to Chauhan Ale and Masala House? That place I love. One day I'll make it to Catbird Seat. I don't live there but visit my brother often who teaches at Vandy and occasionally work there.

Ha. Cheers to you. What is the chicken place, btw? Have you been to Chauhan Ale and Masala House? That place I love. One day I'll make it to Catbird Seat. I don't live there but visit my brother often who teaches at Vandy and occasionally work there.
Go to one of the bars by Hillsboro Village (the Villager, HQ's, etc.) and get a couple pitchers deep playing darts. Then stumble over to McDougal's and get their Buffalo chicken tenders and ice cream. Then make your way over to Dragon Park and lay down on the dragons there after they've been baking in the sun all day. Then get somebody to drive you home.

You won't regret it.

There also used to be a fantastic place near the Smoothie King by Centenial Park (across the street from Rotiers, and just up the street from the Soda Shop), but it closed in the mid 2000's.

Arnold's is also a fantastic meat and three. It's not too far from Vanderbilt, either. It's by Yahzoo brewery and Habitat for Humanity.

Barbra's is also legendary, but it's never open and impossible to find unless you've been there. It's like the island in the Pirates of the Caribbean.