Howard can't be that exiled | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Howard can't be that exiled

No booster pimped his daughter out. That is a total misread about what happened there.

bluechipswalsh.jpg

WE OWE IT TO EM!!

Yeah...noticed this today too. Hardly "run out of town" given he's such an important piece of next year's team.

Lydon said, "We all have his back." Hm. Redemption for one player during revenge game for entire team. ? Hey, anything that will help us. Anything!

Yep this was just as important to hear after reading about how awful Frank had acted and how badly he is disliked not knowing full details. Yes, the team and JB should stay positive to the press regardless but I doubt Lydon says this specifically if FH is truly a current cancer. Hopefully they "squashed the beef."

Cusefan0307 said:
I've heard it all from multiple people, but I'm starting to think some of the rumors have been extremely exaggerated as he's picking up minutes again.

Things were exaggerated. Not that nothing had happened but some of the rumors are false. Even his sitting was a wake up call on the court, not disciplinary.

I just read the article on FH overcoming illness and insecurity.
I have no idea what he did wrong but i can say that given the background provided in the article JB has at least publicly done a poor job of managing him. This is a kid who is fragile emotionally. A kid who has battled insecurity his whole life. Berating him publicly is the last thing to do if in fact you are hoping to see improvement.

Things were exaggerated. Not that nothing had happened but some of the rumors are false. Even his sitting was a wake up call on the court, not disciplinary.

Rick, good to hear some of the rumors were false. However, in regards to the ones that were not, can you confirm TCuse99's post from Wed that Frank definitely won't be back next year?

If - IF - Howard is gone at end of season

nycfan said:
Rick, good to hear some of the rumors were false. However, in regards to the ones that were not, can you confirm TCuse99's post from Wed that Frank definitely won't be back next year? If - IF - Howard is gone at end of season

Hey Eric. I don't honestly know. My intuition would be it's not definite either way.

Personally think he's playing out of the teams own desperation.

Don't think he'll be back next year.

Well there you have it, JB has his much sought after 7 man rotation, he has found his comfort zone, that sets SU up for optimal results the rest of the season imo, injuries aside! Go Cuse!!

Love the non political avatar btw, very inspiring!!;-)

Let me say this. There are A LOT of "rumors" out there. Were some of those things exaggerated? Possibly. Maybe somewhat. The odd thing is that some of these incidents have been recounted to people and by people who have absolutely zero connections to this board. It's not a case of a few rumors/ incidents being recanted by other people aka telephone tag.

There is more than a lot of smoke here and the people who have known these things to be true are reliable. Those around here who know the specifics haven't posted them in detail because it wouldn't be a good look for the program. I hope things are not as bad as we have heard but bottom line is our point guard position future is tenuous at best.

No one is bigger than the program and one player has acted like he is. In doing so, he has hurt the program and impacted its future. That cannot be disputed by anyone.

Let me say this. There are A LOT of "rumors" out there. Were some of those things exaggerated? Possibly. Maybe somewhat. The odd thing is that some of these incidents have been recounted to people and by people who have absolutely zero connections to this board. It's not a case of a few rumors/ incidents being recanted by other people aka telephone tag.

There is more than a lot of smoke here and the people who have known these things to be true are reliable. Those around here who know the specifics haven't posted them in detail because it wouldn't be a good look for the program. I hope things are not as bad as we have heard but bottom line is our point guard position future is tenuous at best.

No one is bigger than the program and one player has acted like he is. In doing so, he has hurt the program and impacted its future. That cannot be disputed by anyone.
Well, until what he did becomes public, it can be disputed.

This is such an odd statement. How do you figure this? Because he's somewhat pouty when he sat, it hurts the future of the program. Seems goofy to me.

That's not what I meant. I'm not talking about his bench demeanor (although that sucks too and it's obviously a negative). His publicly displayed attitude in front of people tied to the program is what I'm referring to. I'll leave it at that.

That's not what I meant. I'm not talking about his bench demeanor (although that sucks too and it's obviously a negative). His publicly displayed attitude in front of people tied to the program is what I'm referring to. I'll leave it at that.
That I think I understand. Appreciate the clarification

That I think I understand. Appreciate the clarification
I am trying to be vague. It's a dance. It would be bad to post specifics, as you know. The good thing is the coaches have tried to address these issues. One could argue they waited too long but not much can be done about that.

Let's hope a wake up call has turned things around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom