How's attendance for saturday | Syracusefan.com

How's attendance for saturday

bothsocksup

Starter
Poised to be a big recruiting weekend for us, im hoping there are some fannies in the seats

Poised to be a big recruiting weekend for us, im hoping there are some fannies in the seats

Can't imagine it being too great.. Hopefully 40k optimistic. Between family weekend and military day (I think).

There was 39k sold apparently... During the Clemson week. Hope its good. 43-45? At least 40??!

Day after Halloween is always a tough one. We set the clocks back that night, so folks will be busy changing batteries in smoke detectors, and scraping pumpkin seeds from their scrotum.

38,500 is my guess.

Stevenson: CNY'ers will be raking the leaves and stringing the XMas lights...however, the bad homeowners will fill the Dome...42,344 announced 35,839 actual
I will do all of the above (except the XMas lights which is just plain tacky this early)

looking at ticket master i say between39 and 41 again. the family weekend helps some

wow... for some reason i have been assuming this be a road game the entire time.

:bat:

The weather being iffy and the fact that most fall festivals are now over should help drive up attendance a little bit. To bad the record isnt a little bit better we could have gotten in the mid 40's with the way the game is scheduled (3pm kick day after Halloween).

Gotta say once again the city/local planners are again clueless. They schedule the very popular harvestfest the same day and freeking time as the game. Unreal.

25k in the seats is my guess.
nope, that's embellishing ( the negative version ) We hear a lot of that. During the Grob era they would announce 35 k and there were off by alot maybe about half. Lately I think the crowd totals are within a few thousand of the actual count.

nope, that's embellishing ( the negative version ) We hear a lot of that. During the Grob era they would announce 35 k and there were off by alot maybe about half. Lately I think the crowd totals are within a few thousand of the actual count.
I hope I'm wrong, but NCSU isn't a big draw for the casual fan and we are 3-5, which is also not a big draw for the casual fan. In recent years, that combo translates to 25k-28k actual fans in the seats. And we haven't exactly put out a good product at home this season.

I hope I'm wrong, but NCSU isn't a big draw for the casual fan and we are 3-5, which is also not a big draw for the casual fan. In recent years, that combo translates to 25k-28k actual fans in the seats. And we haven't exactly put out a good product at home this season.
I attend all home games, In my opinion there haven't been any games where we were around 25 k the last 2 years. My point being that the number of no shows is nothing like it was during the Grob era. My guess is about 3k no shows on a given week, maybe 5k at the very most. During the Grob days they would announce the crowd as 36k and it was about half that we would look at each other and laugh when the attendance was announced.

I attend all home games, In my opinion there haven't been any games where we were around 25 k the last 2 years. My point being that the number of no shows is nothing like it was during the Grob era. My guess is about 3k no shows on a given week, maybe 5k at the very most. During the Grob days they would announce the crowd as 36k and it was about half that we would look at each other and laugh when the attendance was announced.
Honestly, at every game, I have "stadium attendance calculation experts" nearby who feel the need to say "there are only 25K here". It happens every year for the past decade even for games that have over 40K paid attendance. For some reason, some feel a need to to this. I think some are perennial complainers and maybe some want everyone to know how smart they are.

Day after Halloween is always a tough one. We set the clocks back that night, so folks will be busy changing batteries in smoke detectors, and scraping pumpkin seeds from their scrotum.

38,500 is my guess.
Not just the scrotum, don't forget the taint!

The weather being iffy and the fact that most fall festivals are now over should help drive up attendance a little bit. To bad the record isnt a little bit better we could have gotten in the mid 40's with the way the game is scheduled (3pm kick day after Hallo
Gotta say once again the city/local planners are again clueless. They schedule the very popular harvestfest the same day and freeking time as the game. Unreal.
That's standard around here. How many weekends do we have multiple good events scheduled at the same time.

That's standard around here. How many weekends do we have multiple good events scheduled at the same time.

All the time unfortunately, the beer fest one at the baseball stadium was the worst.

All the time unfortunately, the beer fest one at the baseball stadium was the worst.

It could be worse. What if Destiny USA had really become a world class tourist attraction with great bars and scantily clad women traipsing around the lazy river and Tuscan village? Kind of a cold weather version of Bourbon Street.

Did you catch the Tulane game last night? A mild Halloween night against a decent opponent in a brand new stadium and what did they pull? 5-6,000 fans?

Honestly, I think everyone should wear silver and gray so the TV can't tell if seats are occupied or not. ;)

Gonna try and bring the kids if the day allows. We'll wear orange though. :)

It could be worse. What if Destiny USA had really become a world class tourist attraction with great bars and scantily clad women traipsing around the lazy river and Tuscan village? Kind of a cold weather version of Bourbon Street.

Did you catch the Tulane game last night? A mild Halloween night against a decent opponent in a brand new stadium and what did they pull? 5-6,000 fans?

Yeah, exactly. "what if?". Snake oil salesmen. But we have a vast parking lot for all the people that might come to the smaller version of Destiny! You can't miss it. It looks like the one at the Pontiac Silverdome.

PeteCalvin said:
We'll wear orange though. :)

Orange? Get with the program. Blue, gray or white here. Gotta support the team colors.

rrlbees said:
Orange? Get with the program. Blue, gray or white here. Gotta support the team colors.
One could hope AJs Instagram was a sign, but I doubt it.

image-2439719074.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom