Hypothetical question re: Rak . . . | Syracusefan.com

Hypothetical question re: Rak . . .

VaBeachOrFan

2nd String
If Grant and/or Ennis hadn't left for the NBA, would Rak have blossomed to the degree he has?

He's posted one of the best sets of PPG/Reb improvement figures in the nation, he's become the team's Go-To guy and has gained visible confidence in his game, raising the talk of his draft-day position. How much, if any, of this would have happened if Grant came back and/or Ennis? Whose team would it be? Would Rak have been awakened from his dogmatic slumber or would he have remained a third/fourth-option scorer? Comments?--VBOF

I believe he would have. I posted several times last season that the biggest reason for Rak's lack of production was Rak. Now I think the biggest reason for Rak's phenomenal play is Rak. Players get better. It happens.

If it was Ennis, the numbers probably would have improved a bit. At least comparably.

It it was Grant, not so sure we don't do some crazy ISO offense that severely limits Rak's touches. That being said, he has no back-up, so it would be harder to hold him back this time around!! :) (We would find a way though)

Last edited:
Yes, he would have, the confidence thing.. He has it now and there is no stopping him. Obviously one of the finest players in America. We would be a better team if Grant and Ennis stayed but it would still be Rak's team...

Some people have personalities where they defer as long as they think there is someone to defer to. I feel like that's Rak. It was obvious there was nobody to defer to this year. I think if Grant came back he would've shown improvement, but not as much because of the combination of JB running more offense through Grant and Rak not being as assertive as he has been this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom