I can't imagine the pressure Luis Severino is having today | Syracusefan.com

I can't imagine the pressure Luis Severino is having today

CaliCuse

All American
The New York Yankees and the New York press have anointed him thefts of the farm and now making his debut against the Red Sox No they aren't the ed Sox of old but they are a big rival in base ball Yankee history and yesterday's battering couldn't have been more insulting. Errors a beat down by the Yankees always is taken with a nasty bit of revenge when possible I can't wait to see him and his stuff. They can write all they want about his ability but there is nothing like seeing it for ourselves.

I saw him pitch here in Syracuse vs the Chiefs earlier in the season. Very good pitcher. Wasn't a power pitcher but did a great job with location and changing speeds. Started off slow and the Chiefs got to him a bit early. But he got stronger and stronger as the game went along.

Eh, whats the worst that can happen, He gets bombed and goes back down to the minors, he wouldn't be the first prospect.

He'll be fine. The red sox suck this year. They've pretty much packed it in at this point.

I saw him pitch here in Syracuse vs the Chiefs earlier in the season. Very good pitcher. Wasn't a power pitcher but did a great job with location and changing speeds. Started off slow and the Chiefs got to him a bit early. But he got stronger and stronger as the game went along.

I don't know, it's a huge stage for a professional debut. It's a ton of pressure, some never can handle it. In addition, the money is no joke either if he has success long term.

Bees who would you compare him to if you had to take a stab at it? Not a Yankees fan so just curious

The Luis Severino Era begins at 7:08 p.m. with a 94 MPH FB to Brock Holt. Strike one.

IthacaBarrel said:
Bees who would you compare him to if you had to take a stab at it? Not a Yankees fan so just curious

Was out all evening. As Shawn said, Pedro is a good comparison as to how he pitched and his make up. Long way to go to see if he has that kind of success. He has the tools.

Very good debut. 5 innings, 2 hits, 1 earned run, 7 strike outs, 0 walks.

Hitting didn't show up tonight.

His slider,as shown last night has improved a ton since last year. Last year it was barely a 3rd pitch for him and now he is locating it on the corners. Scouts are weary of him not using his legs enough, but they have been wrong before.

He has drawn comp to a young Pedro for his control, fastball and changeup
Yeah, I'd take that. He is on the small side compared to most modern day pitchers, although he still has a few inches and about 30 pounds on the young Pedro. I was very impressed with his poise last night. I don't think he will have any trouble handling the big stage.

Usually comparisons are like that.

I know, cause then when a scout puts the more realistic comp a guy, all the fans just assume he hates their team.

Edit: amazing. How about when a "major league talent evaluator"?

Last edited:
Very good debut. 5 innings, 2 hits, 1 earned run, 7 strike outs, 0 walks.

Hitting didn't show up tonight.
Pretty much one bad pitch. I would have liked McCann to catch him rather than Murphy.