I can't wait for us to get better | Syracusefan.com

I can't wait for us to get better

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Which we obviously will. It's not if, but how much.

I thought about it, and literally it can't get worse than the game last night. Even if we lose by 30 to UNC, it won't be worse than what we saw yesterday as we were eaten alive by wisconsin's ball movement.

Which we obviously will. It's not if, but how much.

I thought about it, and literally it can't get worse than the game last night. Even if we lose by 30 to UNC, it won't be worse than what we saw yesterday as we were eaten alive by wisconsin's ball movement.

There's too much talent for us not to improve substantially. But I'm concerned about our "point guards" seeming lack of aptitude, Battle's lack of progress, and the collective defensive ineptitude. Hope we can overcome those three things, because all three need to happen for this team to actualize it's potential.

Zone takes time to perfect, especially with so many new links. Very excited to see this team progress. Really believe Howard/Roberson/Lydon and Coleman find their stride and start mercilessly kicking ace this conference season.

There's too much talent for us not to improve substantially. But I'm concerned about our "point guards" seeming lack of aptitude, Battle's lack of progress, and the collective defensive ineptitude. Hope we can overcome those three things, because all three need to happen for this team to actualize it's potential.
Really? It's still November (for a couple more hours, anyway).

Really? It's still November (for a couple more hours, anyway).

Yeah, really. The kid has transcendent capabilities. He is way better than what he's shown. Right now, he's barely a bit player in the rotation.

While they are good teams, Wisconsin and SC are not top 5 teams. And we got blown out by both of them. This team has quite a bit of work to do and most of us were shown our expectations were far too high.

Yeah, really. The kid has transcendent capabilities. He is way better than what he's shown. Right now, he's barely a bit player in the rotation.

Tyus Battle is a superior athlete, with great size as a guard. With his size and athletic talent, he can be a high level defender in JB's zone.

I have to wonder about his skills as a guard in a half court offense. Is he way better -- at this stage -- than he has shown? Or is he potentially very good, but needing to adjust to college defenders and improve his skills?

We have 3 young players, each 19 years old (Battle, Thompson & Howard), and I view them as similar. Lots of potential, not better than what they have shown, and each will take some time and work to get better in their roles.

I'm pretty much at the same point. The next 8 games we can watch this team get better before getting tested with Miami, VaTech & Pitt.

Defending the paint is my biggest concern long term. 7-2 is not likely to be ready this season from what I have seen. That one play where he got the offensive rebound right next to the rim, brought it down and passed to the wing pretty much said it all. Coleman is not a rim defender nore able to get to the FT line and back but he is going to play. Lydon is a good rim defender but he usually plays with White and Thompson on the wings so . . . . . .

After that the difference in play that Frank and John displayed between the cupcakes and two real games was troubling. They need to figure things out.

Last edited:
I'm pretty much at the same point. The next 8 games we can watch this team get better before getting tested with Miami, VaTech & Pitt.

Defending the paint is my biggest concern long term. 7-2 is not likely to be ready this season from what I have seen. That one play where he got the offensive rebound right next to the rim, brought it down and passed to the wing pretty much said it all. Coleman is not a rim defender no able to get to the FT line and back but he is going to play. Lydon is a good rim defender but he usually plays with White and Thompson on the wings so . . . . . .

After that the difference in play that Frank and John displayed between the cupcakes and two real games was troubling. They need to figure things out.

This makes no sense to me. Guy played at Providence then had an entire year with us to practice. But another year is needed? So weird to me.

Not trashing your statement, just the concept in general I struggle to get. Classic example of a guy who is just playing ball solely due to height.

This makes no sense to me. Guy played at Providence then had an entire year with us to practice. But another year is needed? So weird to me.

Not trashing your statement, just the concept in general I struggle to get. Classic example of a guy who is just playing ball solely due to height.

I'm still trying to figure out how he shot 66% from the field and 60% from the foul line at Providence in limited minutes.

Defending the paint is my biggest concern long term. 7-2 is not likely to be ready this season from what I have seen. That one play where he got the offensive rebound right next to the rim, brought it down and passed to the wing pretty much said it all. Coleman is not a rim defender no able to get to the FT line and back but he is going to play. Lydon is a good rim defender but he usually plays with White and Thompson on the wings so . . . . . .

Dr. Evil stole Chukwu's mojo.

Believe me it makes no sense to me either. He could have held that rebound up, bunny hopped and layed it over the rim. He certainly gives effort and bothers some shots out there but overall I don't see it this season. I hope I'm wrong and he starts to get into the flow over the next 8 games or so.

Believe me it makes no sense to me either. He could have held that rebound up, bunny hopped and layed it over the rim. He certainly gives effort and bothers some shots out there but overall I don't see it this season. I hope I'm wrong and he starts to get into the flow over the next 8 games or so.
reminds me of a Fran Frasscshshschilla statement awhile back

"two years away from being two years away"

So like...4 years away, Fran?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors