I feel good about Pitt's Stallings era | Syracusefan.com

I feel good about Pitt's Stallings era

They still battled hard inside against us. They are a good squad. Any coach could have replaced Dixon and we would have been okay with it

At least Stallings conceded the game with 40 seconds left. Classless Dixon would have kept fouling til the end.

Dude isn't even half the coach Dixon was.

Weird that you see Dixon go from a P5 school to VCU.

Dude isn't even half the coach Dixon was.

Weird that you see Dixon go from a P5 school to VCU.

Wrong CU. Replace the V with a T. That's his alma mater and they almost best Kansas last week. They are pretty good actually.

Wrong CU. Replace the V with a T. That's his alma mater and they almost best Kansas last week. They are pretty good actually.

Meant that, but regardless, alma mater or not, I wouldn't put TCU above Pitt comparing them side by side.

Pitt fans had it with Dixon because he didn't win tourney games and I think he got out because a lot of people were saying he needed to get to at least the sweet 16 just to save his job this year.

Pitt fans had it with Dixon because he didn't win tourney games and I think he got out because a lot of people were saying he needed to get to at least the sweet 16 just to save his job this year.

Sometimes you don't realize what you have until its gone, a few years of Stallings is going to make Dixon look like John Wooden.

Sometimes you don't realize what you have until its gone, a few years of Stallings is going to make Dixon look like John Wooden.

Yeah Dixon won a lot of games with no NBA talent. Stallings had Vandy on the bubble with first round draft picks.

Yeah Dixon won a lot of games with no NBA talent. Stallings had Vandy on the bubble with first round draft picks.

Tcu so far with no talent has been competitive against Kansas and WVU, the guy can coach.

Meant that, but regardless, alma mater or not, I wouldn't put TCU above Pitt comparing them side by side.
Give it a couple years. Plenty of talent in the DFW, and they just built new bball facilities. Dixon will make them relevant soon.

They were doing some good things. We got hot from deep and hit some lucky bailout threes. They missed lots of bunnies but still battled hard inside. They looked like the same Pitt but finally things went our way. Sweet payback.

I feel good about playing this team, too, but they did seem to have a good zone-busting strategy. The kids' execution was atrocious.

Also something to consider: how must the few dozen Pitt fans feel tonight? They ran off a coach who was pretty much guaranteed to beat Boeheim twice a year for what, this?

Some folks are making it sound like a we aren't having a rematch in the Oakland Zoo on February 11th, or that they're pencilling that in as a win as well?

Or just appreciation that we don't have to pencil it in as a loss and I dont have to read "clutch and grab" 15 times afterward?

Either way, it was Stallings' first game against us folks. I'm not assuming we will duplicate this later this season any more than I am that we will have the same result against Miami this season.

Let's see what he does his with his own players. It'll be very tough to replace Artis and Young.

One of their end of the bench guys is Earl The Goat Manigault's nephew. Pretty cool. Just felt like adding that because I've always been intrigued by The Goat's legend.

Let's see what he does his with his own players. It'll be very tough to replace Artis and Young.

One of their end of the bench guys is Earl The Goat Manigault's nephew. Pretty cool. Just felt like adding that because I've always been intrigued by The Goat's legend.

I remember the first time I saw the movie, don't know how much was legend than fact but like you always intrigued by him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom