I feel very sad about this ... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I feel very sad about this ...

Didn't Don Larsen and some other guys auction off some of their stuff for their grand kids. College education and/or house down payments are no joke so hopefully this money is being spent property. As being married to someone who had uncle's that played MLB and in the NBA, I can tell you first hand it's cool having personal possessions but even in our limited collection I don't think we would display more than we already do. A man cave is only so big.

Such stuff (lots of it!) is always available at silent auctions at such events as the Hardwood Club Dinner, the Boeheims' Basket Ball, and many other events sponsored by the SU Athletics Department. I suspect Brandon Steiner also has a lot of it for sale. https://www.steinersports.com

Thanks. It's a bit tougher living out of the CNY area to access this stuff. I did buy a Jim Brown piece from Steiner, but his prices can be a bit on the high side.

Any chance SU bought any of it to add to their collections?

Not speaking on any sort of knowledge about this, but I would have to assume that the majority, if not all of what is in their collections is stuff that they own or that was donated to them. I doubt they are in the business of purchasing sports memorabilia at auctions.

Not speaking on any sort of knowledge about this, but I would have to assume that the majority, if not all of what is in their collections is stuff that they own or that was donated to them. I doubt they are in the business of purchasing sports memorabilia at auctions.

This is true, they love taking money in, not paying it out. Then again with such a massive budget, not a penny of which comes from their own pockets(cough, much like government), it wouldnt hurt to have a small bit set aside for occasions like this. I wouldnt be shocked if some donors would be more pleased with such than wherever else the stream is funneled at any given moment.

As to Bing, great player, great man, lots of class. I doubt that anyone beyond someone with a level of intimacy can question his statement of downsizing, living in the present, and realizing what is valuable to you in life. The man is an example to us, whether we want to see it or not.