I hope Malachi doesn't regret his decision now | Syracusefan.com

I hope Malachi doesn't regret his decision now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop the lunacy. He just made $5,000,000 even if he's a washout. Staying one more year does nothing for his NBA development long-term and is a hope that you can get more guaranteed money next year. It's saying I can't make a career in the NBA so I need to get as much as I can in slot money. Loser mentality and not one many high-level athletes possess.

On another note Syracuse just had a first round pick again. Streak continues because of Malachi.

He'll have about 3.7 million reasons not to...
More like low 2's with the 3rd year being optional . Which is literally in the thousands after taxes. But if he gets that extension it was a damn good decision. He has to prove himself for the big contract .

More like low 2's with the 3rd year being optional . Which is literally in the thousands after taxes. But if he gets that extension it was a damn good decision. He has to prove himself for the big contract .

We don't know right now whether it was a good decision or not.

I think you mean literally in the hundreds of thousands.

I don't care where he went. He has the talent, the measureables and the coveted skill. He just needs to work his ass off and make his career what he wants.

And he also got picked in the first round despite your hundred posts to to contrary, so I wouldn't go patting yourself on the back too much.

I never said he wouldn't be a first round pick.

I will probably get killed for this, but I guess that promise didn't mean a whole lot.

We don't know how legit that story was about Memphis "promising" to pick him. There's so much smoke and mirrors and disinfo this time of year you have to take every rumor with a huge grain of salt. It's not Dude of West Virginia or Frank the Tank level of garbage, but definitely unreliable.

I will probably get killed for this, but I guess that promise didn't mean a whole lot.
The way I see it bottom line it's about maximizing your chance at career longevity. He didn't do that by going this year. And never ever believe a promise without a contract or at least a promise ring . That being said we won't know for a few years if it was a good or bad decision , just that he is living out his dream of playing in the NBA .

The way I see it bottom line it's about maximizing your chance at career longevity. He didn't do that by going this year. And never ever believe a promise without a contract or at least a promise ring . That being said we won't know for a few years if it was a good or bad decision , just that he is living out his dream of playing in the NBA .
You cannot prove that second sentence. It's legit impossible.

Everyone pays taxes. Do you discount your salary for taxes when telling someone your income?

I also have no idea where your coming up with contract numbers. They aren't based on the 22nd pick in the draft.

We don't know how legit that story was about Memphis "promising" to pick him. There's so much smoke and mirrors and disinfo this time of year you have to take every rumor with a huge grain of salt. It's not Dude of West Virginia or Frank the Tank level of garbage, but definitely unreliable.

Of course, I just think its funny that I took a beating from people in here because I didn't believe in these "promises".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom