I know its annoying | Syracusefan.com

I know its annoying

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
when every announcer would talk about andy rautins being Leo's son. And scoop and Dion somehow being cousins and hell even Dejaun and Derrick (most annoying by far)

But Ty Wheatley was just announced THREE TIMES on national TV (mind you only his 3rd catch of season) and ZERO mention that his dad is 1 of top RBs off all time at UM! That is really strange. Im talking no reference at all! just talking Ty Wheatley like a regular backup who isn't nearly as good as Jake Butt.

and we aren't talking about a Sr here... we are talking about a redshirt freshman who barely played this year - so this game, thanks to butts injury, is his 1st real time to an audience outside of a michigan crazy forum like this - i would bet at least 50% of michigan fans don't even know Tyrone Wheatley's son plays on the team yet (or like andy, assumes it was a token scholarship -admit it 95% of cuse thought andy was token at best until midway through redshirt soph season)

Last edited:
I was wondering about that relation ... assumed it was the case but was too lazy to look it up. Maybe the announcers felt the same way :)

I was wondering about that relation ... assumed it was the case but was too lazy to look it up. Maybe the announcers felt the same way :)

not only that, but Sr is a coach on Michigan... literally insane.

I don't mean to judge here, but his dad was a coach at cuse and Jr graduated from FM - so Syr people should know him 2nd best after Mich fans - just more fuel to my fire that Levy (kind of CNY'er) and Griese (Michigan'er) need to do a better job announcing.

He certainly put some weight on since his days at FM. I agree that it should have been mentioned.

when every announcer would talk about andy rautins being Leo's son. And scoop and Dion somehow being cousins and hell even Dejaun and Derrick (most annoying by far)

But Ty Wheatley was just announced THREE TIMES on national TV (mind you only his 3rd catch of season) and ZERO mention that his dad is 1 of top RBs off all time at UM! That is really strange. Im talking no reference at all! just talking Ty Wheatley like a regular backup who isn't nearly as good as Jake Butt.

and we aren't talking about a Sr here... we are talking about a redshirt freshman who barely played this year - so this game, thanks to butts injury, is his 1st real time to an audience outside of a michigan crazy forum like this - i would bet at least 50% of michigan fans don't even know Tyrone Wheatley's son plays on the team yet (or like andy, assumes it was a token scholarship -admit it 95% of cuse thought andy was token at best until midway through redshirt soph season)

Yes, sure, but it's not that big of a deal.

I think it was because Levy and Griese did a lot of Michigan games this year, and mentioned it several times already, maybe they felt they didn't have to anymore.

I think it was because Levy and Griese did a lot of Michigan games this year, and mentioned it several times already, maybe they felt they didn't have to anymore.

he only caught 2 passes before last night - both in the illinois game.

not only that, but Sr is a coach on Michigan... literally insane.

I don't mean to judge here, but his dad was a coach at cuse and Jr graduated from FM - so Syr people should know him 2nd best after Mich fans - just more fuel to my fire that Levy (kind of CNY'er) and Griese (Michigan'er) need to do a better job announcing.
Or, WTFC whose son he is. They are all somebody's son.

he only caught 2 passes before last night - both in the illinois game.

I remember watching at least one Michigan game this year where Griese talked about Wheatley being his father.

its gonna happen fellas. Michigan men are gonna talk about other Michigan men. What I think is more annoying if the constant mention of Peppers. It was unnecessary. As much as I like peppers and hope he is a great pro, I think he is over rated and blown up too much be the media.

its gonna happen fellas. Michigan men are gonna talk about other Michigan men. What I think is more annoying if the constant mention of Peppers. It was unnecessary. As much as I like peppers and hope he is a great pro, I think he is over rated and blown up too much be the media.

I like any player who disrespects rutgers the way he did

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom