I know the NBA isn't for everyone | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

I know the NBA isn't for everyone

Baseball is more relaxing, Its always there, if you have a college basketball team that you root for, like we all do, every game can be important, every game this year for us was life and death.
I agree, for us, but nationally the only sports that have a regular season that moves the needle are NFL, NBA and CFB.

Baseball is more relaxing, Its always there, if you have a college basketball team that you root for, like we all do, every game can be important, every game this year for us was life and death.

What regular season game was life and death for us this year?

His best chance to win would be to stay.
Won't happen, but I'd love to see the Darantula sign with the Celtics so that Lebron can't cake walk his way to the Finals anymore.

But that's just me, and I #hatehard on all things Lebron.

Every one, one more loss and we are in the nit.

I guess you could say that every win golden state had was important so they could get home court advantage. You're being ridiculous.

I guess you could say that every win golden state had was important so they could get home court advantage. You're being ridiculous.

O really, ya I mean they only won 73 games, and won home court advantage by what 8 games, while our season literally was one loss away from not making the tournament. You are reaching.

O really, ya I mean they only won 73 games, and won home court advantage by what 8 games, while our season literally was one loss away from not making the tournament. You are reaching.

Your argument was as ridiculous as mine hence the reason I said it.

I get it, you don't like NCAA basketball because guys don't play 4 years, you don't like the NBA because it's boring or whatever reason you don't. I'm starting to wonder if you even like the sport.

Come on, the entire playoffs have been like this.

Scratch that, watch regular season games and you still see epic battles.

Exactly. I mean I obviously love Syracuse bball, but my goodness -- there is NO comparison with the NBA product. I can understand people not rooting for an NBA team and therefore not really getting into the season, but it's comparing amateurs to the pros (and the college game has been really, really ugly of late -- as a whole). If you love basketball there should be no reason you don't want to watch the pinnacle level of the sport.

Your argument was as ridiculous as mine hence the reason I said it.

I get it, you don't like NCAA basketball because guys don't play 4 years, you don't like the NBA because it's boring or whatever reason you don't. I'm starting to wonder if you even like the sport.

No it really wasn't the ncaa regular season is more important than the nba season, considering the year we just had, I would think you would be the first to understand that. I love college basketball, always have, always will, don't know what the heck you are talking about. I don't like the Nba as much as I used to, but I still enjoy the playoffs.

No it really wasn't the ncaa regular season is more important than the nba season, considering the year we just had, I would think you would be the first to understand that. I love college basketball, always have, always will, don't know what the heck you are talking about. I don't like the Nba as much as I used to, but I still enjoy the playoffs.

What was so important? Come in 10th in your conference and lose first round in your tourney and you can still make the final four? So the regular season isn't important if you win 25 regular season games? I'm not understanding your logic.

What was so important? Come in 10th in your conference and lose first round in your tourney and you can still make the final four? So the regular season isn't important if you win 25 regular season games? I'm not understanding your logic.

You are all over the place, making the tournament in college basketball is everything. Ask the bubble teams every year how important every game is when experts are going over their resumes. Even if your are comfortably in the tournament, you are always trying to improve your resume.

You are all over the place, making the tournament in college basketball is everything. Ask the bubble teams every year how important every game is when experts are going over their resumes. Even if your are comfortably in the tournament, you are always trying to improve your resume.

Yes, if we won against Georgetown and St Johns it would have helped us so much more. Beating Pitt one of those three times would have mattered.

We've made the tournament essentially every ear for the past 40, our best regular seasons have had almost no baring on the outcome. Heck, our last two final four teams have been some of our worst teams since 2010.

I think all that Mali talk the past month or so have really fried your brain.

Yes, if we won against Georgetown and St Johns it would have helped us so much more. Beating Pitt one of those three times would have mattered.

We've made the tournament essentially every ear for the past 40, our best regular seasons have had almost no baring on the outcome. Heck, our last two final four teams have been some of our worst teams since 2010.

I think all that Mali talk the past month or so have really fried your brain.

And this year was the most rewarding, even Jb said it was the best selection sunday of his life. Dude give the Mali stuff a rest, it has nothing to do with this, you are really reaching.

Every game in the college season is so important for ranking and seeding. It is also cool to compete for the conference title and tourney. I love the college game. It is certainly not ridiculous to understand that every game counts at the college level.

NBA playoffs are super good for the talent especially in the semis and final (even though I don't have a horse in the race).

Last edited:
That would not be a good situation.

I don't know, he's never seemed to have problems off the court, maybe playing in his hometown is what he needs to make it to the next level.

I don't think he's a bad guy, never got that impression at all. Beloved Carmelo has more misdemeanors than Waiters.

I don't know, he's never seemed to have problems off the court, maybe playing in his hometown is what he needs to make it to the next level.

I don't think he's a bad guy, never got that impression at all. Beloved Carmelo has more misdemeanors than Waiters.

But its an awful franchise, he will be miserable with all the losing, Im not saying hes a bad guy at all, but sometimes your hometown friends aren't good for you.

You can have a legit argument over the importance of each sports regular season wrt crowning a champ.

If you're talking about "moving the needle," that's entirely different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom