I know we can't get too excited about Betances' showing | Syracusefan.com

I know we can't get too excited about Betances' showing

CaliCuse

All American
He is the inconsistent kind of player you never know about until he id in there and either strikes out a few or gets hit into the next season. He is worth a good look once he gets"stretched-out"as the expression goes for endurance these days. Kids must be one of the focal points for the team in 2014.The fans in the seatsknow what geezers are on the team and aside from Jeter they will not be patient with them regardless of past performances e. g. Susuki and Kuroda are just two of those players Overbay served his purpose as as did Wells but they have no future left for the Yankees.

He is the inconsistent kind of player you never know about until he id in there and either strikes out a few or gets hit into the next season. He is worth a good look once he gets"stretched-out"as the expression goes for endurance these days. Kids must be one of the focal points for the team in 2014.The fans in the seatsknow what geezers are on the team and aside from Jeter they will not be patient with them regardless of past performances e. g. Susuki and Kuroda are just two of those players Overbay served his purpose as as did Wells but they have no future left for the Yankees.
Ichiro ($6.5 million) and Wells ($2.4 million, with Angels picking up the other $18.6 owed to him in 2014) are under contract for next season, so get used to seeing them around. They are certainly well past their peaks, but they can still be useful bench pieces and are good clubhouse guys.

As for Betances, I am excited by what I saw from him as a reliever in September, and believe that should be his role. Forget about turning him back into a starter. He can be a force out of the bullpen with just that hook and that fastball.

Ichiro ($6.5 million) and Wells ($2.4 million, with Angels picking up the other $18.6 owed to him in 2014) are under contract for next season, so get used to seeing them around. They are certainly well past their peaks, but they can still be useful bench pieces and are good clubhouse guys.

As for Betances, I am excited by what I saw from him as a reliever in September, and believe that should be his role. Forget about turning him back into a starter. He can be a force out of the bullpen with just that hook and that fastball.
bOK good I guess .Admittedly on going contract status is something I pay no attention forthe roster. They can,however be included in trade talks if the Yankees finf something interesting. Unless of course they agred to non trsade clauses which I disagree with them ever doing.:confused:

bOK good I guess .Admittedly on going contract status is something I pay no attention forthe roster. They can,however be included in trade talks if the Yankees finf something interesting. Unless of course they agred to non trsade clauses which I disagree with them ever doing.:confused:
Cali, you need to pay more attention to salary obligations in the event the Yankees call and offer you Cashman's job. :)

Just scroll to the bottom of an individual player's baseball-reference page and you'll see their basic salary history.
http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/NYY/2013.shtml

If you want more detail, go here:

[url]http://www.baseballprospectus.com/compensation/cots/al-east/new-york-yankees/[/URL]

and here:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tpQLwiiQL4kzEzLhsUqVjLQ&output=html

By the way, Soriano is under contract through 2014, with the Yankees paying only $5 million of the $18 million due him next year.

140 days until pitchers and catchers report.

140 new threads from Cali. :p

140 days until pitchers and catchers report.

140 new threads from Cali. :p
It may be time for a dedicated Cali/Yankees board.