I like Adam Silver, but... | Syracusefan.com

I like Adam Silver, but...

The NBA is already priced beyond the limits of the average fan. It's a wealthy man's game, played by wealthy people, playing for even wealthier people, in front of wealthy people. David Stern wanted to make it an exclusive sport, and he did it.

I find it absolutely ridiculous that the teams can't make money. But, they'll raise ticket prices and blame the players' salaries.

If they can't make money with their present TV contract and revenue split perhaps those franchises that can't make money should move. Duh.

The nba regular season is a bore, everyone makes the playoffs, sure every now and then you get some good games, but for the most part its wake me up when the playoffs start.

The NBA is already priced beyond the limits of the average fan. It's a wealthy man's game, played by wealthy people, playing for even wealthier people, in front of wealthy people. David Stern wanted to make it an exclusive sport, and he did it.

I find it absolutely ridiculous that the teams can't make money. But, they'll raise ticket prices and blame the players' salaries.
Some owners are basketball stupid, but they're all financial smart. I have no doubt they have creative accounting methods that show how real the struggle is.

Some owners are basketball stupid, but they're all financial smart. I have no doubt they have creative accounting methods that show how real the struggle is.

Also the TV revenue is about to double. Sure a lot of that is going to the players, but even if they were not breaking even (again, LOL), by the time the CBA is up they'll be getting all that sweet tv revenue.

And of course, if the owners were losing money, they could just sell their team for 3 times what they paid for it.

Nobody needs to hold any charity events for Dan Gilbert, Steve Ballmer. Dolan, MJ, etc.

Silver, of course, is just posturing and spreading the company line before sitting down at the table with union leaders Chris Paul, LeBron, et al., and the union's new take-no-prisoners players union chief exec, Michelle Roberts.
http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-comme...answers-not-allowed-afternoon-michele-roberts

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom