I like greg Bird so far BUT | Syracusefan.com

I like greg Bird so far BUT

CaliCuse

All American
I hope the hitting coach does something with his stance which could easily rob him of some of his power. That buckled knee stance might work in the minors but in the bigs he needs more stability to drive the ball. Take a look today and watch him after he homers to prove me wrong.BTW The Yankees are still failing to find the gaps that they used to use for big innings. Sure home runs are still coming at opuretune moments but we all know that depending on HRs in the playoffs is going to get you losses.

Watch him after he homers into the 2nd deck to see if he doesn't have enough power?

Oh Lord

This kid issuing to be just fine.he question now is what to do when Tex comes back? Bird is far better than Garret Jones up to now:eat popcorn:And obviously I was wrong about the stance post. I like this because Mr Cashman might finally see the wisdom of getting some of the farmsysyem STARS a chance rather thanking them down in favor of his high paid geezers.Admittedly some of his geezers aren't performing all that bad and Beltran have benefited bu Giardi'srest implementation this year.

Watch him after he homers into the 2nd deck to see if he doesn't have enough power?

Oh Lord
I believe I admitted here that I was wrong about his power potential.

This kid issuing to be just fine.he question now is what to do when Tex comes back? Bird is far better than Garret Jones up to now:eat popcorn:And obviously I was wrong about the stance post. I like this because Mr Cashman might finally see the wisdom of getting some of the farmsysyem STARS a chance rather thanking them down in favor of his high paid geezers.Admittedly some of his geezers aren't performing all that bad and Beltran have benefited bu Giardi'srest implementation this year.

I never understood this about people mentioning the Yankees give up on their young talent and only going after overpriced stars. Going after overpriced stars is what have kept the Yankees competitive for 10 years. Mariano, Jeter, Pettitte, and Posada are great home grown guys, I get it, but the amount of luck that came in having them all become homegrown stars does not happen very often. Past rages included Montero, Tabata, Joba, Kennedy, and Hughes have all had chance with the Yankees or with other teams and have done nothing to impress (maybe Hughes a little bit). What is the hard-on for having home grown talent and trash the overpaid stars concept? Do you really want the Yankees to go through a rebuilding phase and not pay any of these guys money? Not pay the guys that make them contenders every year? Should they go the Rays way and build up a ton of talent be contenders for a couple of years then be garbage again? I'm just not understanding who the Yankees have made these massive mistakes with by trading away while they were young, this list isn't nearly as long as other teams.

I never understood this about people mentioning the Yankees give up on their young talent and only going after overpriced stars. Going after overpriced stars is what have kept the Yankees competitive for 10 years. Mariano, Jeter, Pettitte, and Posada are great home grown guys, I get it, but the amount of luck that came in having them all become homegrown stars does not happen very often. Past rages included Montero, Tabata, Joba, Kennedy, and Hughes have all had chance with the Yankees or with other teams and have done nothing to impress (maybe Hughes a little bit). What is the hard-on for having home grown talent and trash the overpaid stars concept? Do you really want the Yankees to go through a rebuilding phase and not pay any of these guys money? Not pay the guys that make them contenders every year? Should they go the Rays way and build up a ton of talent be contenders for a couple of years then be garbage again? I'm just not understanding who the Yankees have made these massive mistakes with by trading away while they were young, this list isn't nearly as long as other teams.
The real paint here is that theYankees don't need toe on the poler extremes in choosing geezers or kids.Sure not all prospects aren't going to make it but they also don't all fail either. There a couple that I want to see Judge now and Mateo later. I think Refsynder will be coming up soon for an extended audition at 2nd base. There are pitcher s that have been sidelined with injuries that need a little more time in the system to prove themselves ready.BTW The Yanks didn't "go after Jeer and Petite and Posada. They paid them what they were worth at the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom