I love this updated bracket from CBSSports this morning. | Syracusefan.com

I love this updated bracket from CBSSports this morning.

Duke as a 5 seed.

Seems high but I have not really compared them to the 4 seed yet.

I still think we are only east bound if we beat fsu, and go at least as far as Virginia in acc.

But duke may be out of contention for that top acc spot... finally.

The Alsacs scenario where nova is the 2 east from yesterday could also work against us if we are on 2 line as well.

I still think we are only east bound if we beat fsu, and go at least as far as Virginia in acc.

But duke may be out of contention for that top acc spot... finally.

The Alsacs scenario where nova is the 2 east from yesterday could also work against us if we are on 2 line as well.
Right. So should we root for Nova to win tonight to get the last one seed. I'm normally a "let's the chips fall" kind of person but with Buffalo and MSG at stake I think it is more important this year.

Explain.

Somebody please explain to me why 'Nova is a #1 seed. I know they don't have any bad losses, which goes a long way, but are their good wins really that good? They beat a Kansas team that was struggling early in the season and eeked (sp?) out a win against a fringe top 25 team, Iowa. Other than that, they have respectable losses to us and Creighton but I don't see any other good wins.

Explain.

Somebody please explain to me why 'Nova is a #1 seed. I know they don't have any bad losses, which goes a long way, but are their good wins really that good? They beat a Kansas team that was struggling early in the season and eeked (sp?) out a win against a fringe top 25 team, Iowa. Other than that, they have respectable losses to us and Creighton but I don't see any other good wins.
Doesn't matter when the played KS - they beat KS. Doesn't matter if they beat Iowa by 1 or 41 - they beat Iowa. They are about to win their league - a conference whose RPI is higher than the ACC. Their SOS is in the low 20's. They are #4 in RPI. And everyone else is losing. In a year like this, This looks like a #1 resume to me. Will it happen? Maybe. Could it happen? Definitely.

Explain.

They beat Kansas. That cannot be turned into something other than a good win. 'Nova is a solid squad. I'd be surprised if they lost either of their last two (although it would be nice).

this could be the weakest 1 seed field ever. villanova and wichita st?? they have like 3 good wins combined lol. those teams scare nobody.

Just to remind everyone that Buffalo is not tied to the East Region in NYC. In fact it is more likely that 1 pod will go East and the other pod will go elsewhere. It is pretty rare to see both pods in the same site go to the same regional. I think SU in Buffalo is fairly certain. But our pod will not be slotted for NYC unless we win a couple more games including FSU.

Explain.

You're basing KU's early struggles on...a neutral W vs Duke or an L @Florida?
We can't scrutinize non-conf schedules as much as we do and then complain about when they were played. Cuse @ Mich St games in February of '03 are very rare.
Besides they're off the top line if they don't win the BE tourney.

Right. So should we root for Nova to win tonight to get the last one seed. I'm normally a "let's the chips fall" kind of person but with Buffalo and MSG at stake I think it is more important this year.

Same here. I'm already dreading any potential obsession with seeds next yr when we can't be in the East anyway (I hope there's a lot less of it). I say ship us out West & gimme the JV bracket.
This team needs any small edge it can get.