I miss James Theus anybody else | Syracusefan.com

I miss James Theus anybody else

Against the bigger teams, it's as if we have James Thues out there.

It's like we have two point guards, the Gillon who can find the open man, finish, and hit an occasional three, and the Bizarro Gillon who picks his dribble up 35 feet from the hoop, turns it over, and can't make a layup. Can't say I've ever seen anything like this.

It's like we have two point guards, the Gillon who can find the open man, finish, and hit an occasional three, and the Bizarro Gillon who picks his dribble up 35 feet from the hoop, turns it over, and can't make a layup. Can't say I've ever seen anything like this.

What's amazing to me is that we've seemingly struck out with three straight PGs. Gillon, Joseph and Gillon.

Ennis was very solid for us but even he seemed to stop going to the hoop later in the year.

I think it's going to be extremely telling how Joseph does next year.

I'm 32 and in pretty good shape.. At the risk of sounding like Bjorn, i think I could win the PG position at Syracuse right now.

I'm only half joking.

What's amazing to me is that we've seemingly struck out with three straight PGs. Gillon, Joseph and Gillon.

Ennis was very solid for us but even he seemed to stop going to the hoop later in the year.

I think it's going to be extremely telling how Joseph does next year.

Watching Iowa State with Morris is very frustrating right now.

I think it's a player development problem more than anything, I just can't believe that Joseph is that bad. Like you, I'll be watching Creighton closely next year. It just seems unlikely that a junior Joseph with some decent coaching wouldn't be better than Gillon right now.

Bringing in two grad transfer starters who are essentially role player quality makes it difficult to field a good team.

I'm 32 and in pretty good shape.. At the risk of sounding like Bjorn, i think I could win the PG position at Syracuse right now.

I'm only half joking.

Give me 2 months to get in shape and I'll head to the Melo Center with you and let them know we're competing for two starting spots. If Battle leaves we'll need a 1 and a 2 and don't you to run a backcourt with Matthew Moyer standing next to you.

All that being said, Frank makes a stupid pass that leads to a layup the other way and he sits and we have to watch Gillon do that. Not sure why we didn't see Frank again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom