I miss the deleted thread on the jersey | Syracusefan.com

I miss the deleted thread on the jersey

MadNY3

All American
The University made a major and embarrassing mistake on a ceremony that is truly hard to screw up.

It made national headlines and further contributed to the University's embarrassment and brand, something we on this board take very passionately.

The sassy senior executive double lieutenant of communication throws someone else under the bus, doesn't really communicate the magnitude of any apology and references an ad campaign from 10 years back as part of it.

And it overshadowed the accomplishments of a damn good alum.

Hell...the only "W" we got yesterday was a misspelling and not something we achieved on the court.

You don't fire an AD based on this. But man, this is not something I would want in my file folder when I have a new boss.

So I don't think the thread needed to be deleted. But onward.

The University made a major and embarrassing mistake on a ceremony that is truly hard to screw up.

It made national headlines and further contributed to the University's embarrassment and brand, something we on this board take very passionately.

The sassy senior executive double lieutenant of communication throws someone else under the bus, doesn't really communicate the magnitude of any apology and references an ad campaign from 10 years back as part of it.

And it overshadowed the accomplishments of a damn good alum.

Hell...the only "W" we got yesterday was a misspelling and not something we achieved on the court.

You don't fire an AD based on this. But man, this is not something I would want in my file folder when I have a new boss.

So I don't think the thread needed to be deleted. But onward.

Agree

It's not just this mistake. It's another in a long list of "whoops" moments followed by another out of touch statement. At some point there needs to be some high-level accountability from the SUAD. People there are getting paid a lot of money in a time when a lot of positions at SU are being looked at for cuts. If you want to know why there are faculty/staff who are very seemingly "anti-Athletics", these actions are a reason why.

Bring it back! :) It was a good read.

I personally enjoyed Jake's initial response.

Not because it's necessarily what I think should be done, but it clearly shows how a lot of fans felt and just how passionately they care about our program.

The initial response was fine. It was an embarrassment. Posting screen shots of SU employees names/pictures calling for them to be fired went way overboard (which I'm assuming is the reason it was deleted). Like I said in the post that got deleted there are enough people who do things in the world on purpose to fire. This was really bad, but a mistake. I'm sure everyone involved feels awful. I'm sure RB has moved on.

The next AD needs to be detail oriented, something it appears the big S is all about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom