I ran into John Wallace Friday Night | Syracusefan.com

I ran into John Wallace Friday Night

Cuseroc

Walk On
At Famous Daves BBQ on W Ridge Rd in Rochester. I had on my new black SU hoodie with an Orange "SYRACUSE" on the chest. When my wife and I sat down, I noticed this guy staring at me. He was with about 6 kids. I was thinking he's a soccer dad taking his kids friends out or something like that. I knew he looked familiar. Then when he got up he was this large hulking man. When he came back to sit down, I mouthed to him "Are you John Wallace?" He said "yes I am John Wallace." He was all too happy to take a picture with me. He's a very respectful and personable guy. We laughed briefly about his "national wrapping debut" at the 96 final four with Al Maguire as part of his supporting cast. Every time I watch that video, to this day, I almost die laughing so hard.
It was a fun night.

At Famous Daves BBQ on W Ridge Rd in Rochester. I had on my new black SU hoodie with an Orange "SYRACUSE" on the chest. When my wife and I sat down, I noticed this guy staring at me. He was with about 6 kids. I was thinking he's a soccer dad taking his kids friends out or something like that. I knew he looked familiar. Then when he got up he was this large hulking man. When he came back to sit down, I mouthed to him "Are you John Wallace?" He said "yes I am John Wallace." He was all too happy to take a picture with me. He's a very respectful and personable guy. We laughed briefly about his "national wrapping debut" at the 96 final four with Al Maguire as part of his supporting cast. Every time I watch that video, to this day, I almost die laughing so hard.
It was a fun night.
That bit, "Cuse in the house, oh my God, oh my God" should have been become the Syracuse chant at EVERY game!
Imagine how deafening that would be?
It was a moment of inspired genius after we won the East Regional.
Big marketing mistake not to seize on it.

That bit, "Cuse in the house, oh my God, oh my God" should have been become the Syracuse chant at EVERY game!
I'm going to nitpick again. (Slap!)

It was the West regional in Denver.

A marketing mistake by SU Athletics......No way!

I ran into him a week ago... Friday night.

John was one of several former SU stars in Sarasota last weekend when JB was honored at Dick Vitale's event to raise money for pediatric cancer research.

Also there were Derrick Coleman, Louis Orr, Lawrence Moten, Billy Owens, Mike Hopkins, Adrian Autry and Gerry McNamara. It was so great that all those guys showed up in support of JB. (See picture below)

Attachments

• 10341946_846156912141728_3053769686267330819_n.jpg
    10341946_846156912141728_3053769686267330819_n.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
John was one of several former SU stars in Sarasota last weekend when JB was honored at Dick Vitale's event to raise money for pediatric cancer research.

Also there were Derrick Coleman, Louis Orr, Lawrence Moten, Billy Owens, Mike Hopkins, Adrian Autry and Gerry McNamara. It was so great that all those guys showed up in support of JB. (See picture below)

Sarasota is my hometown, born and raised there, although I've lived in Rochester for about 40 years.. Didnt know anything about this event. It was clear to me that John Wallace Loves the Cuse. When I did ask if he was John Wallace, after said he was, he yelled at me "CUSE." He's a great ambassador for SU.

It was a fun night.

Easily my favorite SU player of all time. I just loved his game and he had a very aesthetic quality on the court with his movement. He was explosive yet never looked like he was forcing anything.

Like Clark Kellogg used to say back in the day (when he was actually a good analyst)

"he has a game like a baby's behind...Smooooth...but at times it can be EXPLOSIVE"

John Wallace
(start liking my post, you know you can't help yourself. I said John Wallace)

We laughed briefly about his "national wrapping debut" at the 96 final four with Al Maguire as part of his supporting cast.

We had the national wrapping championship in the bag until Laz Sims hurt his wrist on the tape dispenser andUK brought in Mrs. Smithers off the bench and her "illegal" scotch tape.

NTc3ODU0MDUz_o_national-gift-wrapping-contest-winner-crowned-for-2011.jpg

I'm going to nitpick again. (Slap!)

It was the West regional in Denver.

I'll add another layer to the nitpicking - the inspired genius came down the weekend before Christmas, when we upset Arizona in Tucson (the East is in the house). The song didn't go viral (in the parlance of our times) until Al's dance with the team in Denver.

I ran into him a week ago... Friday night.

great pic, joyce (good cause too)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom