i reitirate this is the worst nba playoffs ever | Syracusefan.com

i reitirate this is the worst nba playoffs ever

orangehomer

All American
between the injuries and now the obvious edict that the cavs get the calls, this is unwatchable. its garbage basketball and it sucks to watch. both of these teams are mediocre at best, and the cavs would be the worst team to win a title in my memory, except that you cant breathe on LeBron or he shoots FTs. this finals is a debacle, and the nba looks bad.

You and skurey should have a thread to yourselves.

It would single handedly change the gravitational pull of the earth.

between the injuries and now the obvious edict that the cavs get the calls, this . . . . is unwatchable. its garbage basketball and it sucks to watch. both of these teams are mediocre at best, and the cavs would be the worst team to win a title in my memory, except that you cant breathe on LeBron or he shoots FTs. this finals is a debacle, and the nba looks bad.
Some people do not like The Godfather or The Beatles so I guess I should not be surprised.

between the injuries and now the obvious edict that the cavs get the calls, this . . . . is unwatchable. its garbage basketball and it sucks to watch. both of these teams are mediocre at best, and the cavs would be the worst team to win a title in my memory, except that you cant breathe on LeBron or he shoots FTs. this finals is a debacle, and the nba looks bad.

The officials have been terrible, but it's been an exciting Final. The rest of the playoffs have been MEH.

Lebron shot 10 FTs in the game. 6 of them were at the end when GS was fouling on purpose.

The hate really is embarrassing. I don't have a rooting interest and the poor officiating has been a wash at best from the Cavs perspective. There's been an element of "you're allowed to hack away when you get down double digits" college rules the last two games which has helped GS; and fewer homecourt calls last night than Game 2.

If you guys can't look at officiating objectively because you hate LBJ too much, I can only imagine how tainted your glasses are for SU games. Not sure how you don't jump off a bridge when we actually do get screwed ie Michigan.

The hate really is embarrassing. I don't have a rooting interest and the poor officiating has been a wash at best from the Cavs perspective. There's been an element of "you're allowed to hack away when you get down double digits" college rules the last two games which has helped GS; and fewer homecourt calls last night than Game 2.

If you guys can't look at officiating objectively because you hate LBJ too much, I can only imagine how tainted your glasses are for SU games. Not sure how you don't jump off a bridge when we actually do get screwed ie Michigan.

Well Lebron also got away with tackling Steph in the open court as Golden State was making their comeback.

If I was Cleveland I wouldn't complain about the officiating too much because this style of play is the only way they can win. If you want more whistles, that benefits Golden State.

The officials have been terrible, but it's been an exciting Final. The rest of the playoffs have been MEH.

both Clippers series were epic, in different ways

Clips/Spurs was as good as any series I have ever seen

Clips/Rockets was an epic collapse (or epic comeback, depending on your POV, I guess)

Well Lebron also got away with tackling Steph in the open court as Golden State was making their comeback.

If I was Cleveland I wouldn't complain about the officiating too much because this style of play is the only way they can win. If you want more whistles, that benefits Golden State.

Ya way to prove the point. Interesting take on complaining. Your play's been mentioned in 3+ different threads now, including its own special thread. No such focus on the myriad of botched calls the other way like Green grabbing dudes on a jump ball.

I don't need more anything. Enjoying a GOAT player vs a [normally] fun 67win team. I think it's sad others can't do the same. Nice not to have a Duke/Ohio St/Patriots in the finals for once who would make me throw up if they won.

Ya way to prove the point. Interesting take on complaining. Your play's been mentioned in 3+ different threads now, including its own special thread. No such focus on the myriad of botched calls the other way like Green grabbing dudes on a jump ball.

I don't need more anything. Enjoying a GOAT player vs a [normally] fun 67win team. I think it's sad others can't do the same. Nice not to have a Duke/Ohio St/Patriots in the finals for once who would make me throw up if they won.

Not sure why you are so upset with my post? I admitted the officials stunk both ways. The NBA they admitted they blew the call on the jump ball, and they also admitted Lebron traveled in Game 2. I'm sure they will come out and admit more calls were wrong yesterday.

My whole point is Cleveland want's it physical that is the way they have to play, so if you want more whistles on Golden State, it's going to lead to more whistles on Cleveland as well, which is going to favor Golden State.

Is something forcing you to watch it against your will?

I would have loved to see GS and San Antonio, other than that it has been good everything I hoped it would be. The ratings tell me a bunch of folks feel the same.

Well millions of people love American Idle, Taylor Swift, and McDonalds - still doesn't make them good (no offense if you like any of those things).

This is pretty much the way I feel. I have no dog in the race. I really love the way Golden State plays basketball and I think they are the best basketball team on the planet, and one of the best basketball teams ever assembled, but I can appreciate what LeBron has done. Some of those LeBron haters are pathetically searching for any little thing to explain why a guy who's putting up 40, 12, 8 a game is not the greatest.

Obviously not every call has gone in Golden State's favor, but the vast majority of the calls have.

Also if 2 overtime games and a 20 point comeback is not exciting enough for anybody, then basketball is probably not their sport.

I, for one, cant wait for tomorrow's game. I believe whichever team wins tomorrow will win the series, and I'm crazy with anticipation despite the fact that I don't really care what the outcome is.

this finals is the equivalent of the Yukon-butler college championship game. bad shooting, bad officiating but someone has to win. neither of these teams would have won against the champion from at least the last 20 years. they are both as bad as the 76'ers team that Iverson willed to the finals and got creamed. yeah that team with theo ratliffe, aaron mckie, and eric snow.

Also if 2 overtime games and a 20 point comeback is not exciting enough for anybody, then basketball is probably not their sport.

well said

basketball, when played well, is the best spectator sport yet invented.
baseketball, as currently played in the NBA, is the best it has ever been.
we have a team led by the best player in the world facing a 67 win team led by the current MVP, and every single game has been in the balance down the stretch.
what more could you ask for? a 54-51 rockfight vs. NCSU?

well said

we have a team led by the best player in the world facing a 67 win team led by the current MVP, and every single game has been in the balance down the stretch.
but these games are the nba version of rockfights is what you are missing. LeBron has 120 points on 107 shots. in 3 games.

but these games are the nba version of rockfights is what you are missing. LeBron has 120 points on 107 shots. in 3 games.
that's below his season standard, but it is far from a rockfight. his assist percentage is an insane 44.6, and he is also getting a lot of "Kobe assists," missed shots that stay near the rim and his offensive rebounding teammates are putting back in.

as General said: if you can't find enjoyment in this series, then its the wrong sport for you.

this finals is the equivalent of the Yukon-butler college championship game. bad shooting, bad officiating but someone has to win. neither of these teams would have won against the champion from at least the last 20 years. they are both as bad as the 76'ers team that Iverson willed to the finals and got creamed. yeah that team with theo ratliffe, aaron mckie, and eric snow.
It's good man. Very interesting to say the least.

Last edited:
well said

But there's no charges called in the NBA and that's the most exciting play in basketball!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom