i reitirate this is the worst nba playoffs ever | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

i reitirate this is the worst nba playoffs ever

baseketball, as currently played in the NBA, is the best it has ever been.

"YOU'RE excited?! Feel these nipples!"
baseketball-5117429a1b5d4.png

There has been a ton of contact that has gone both ways, for better or worse. Lebron was pretty clearly fouled on the last shot of regulation in Game 2, no call. I really don't think you can say either team has really benefited from the foul calls in a huge way. (The Warriors are a physical team too; Bogut and Green are really physical and Iggy has been all over Lebron. I'm not saying call all those fouls but it's not like Gstate is this huge finesse team because their best player is Steph Curry)

I would say this series has been extremely compelling and competitive, but it's not like we're watching the 2013 finals here from an aesthetic POV.

this finals is the equivalent of the Yukon-butler college championship game. bad shooting, bad officiating but someone has to win. neither of these teams would have won against the champion from at least the last 20 years. they are both as bad as the 76'ers team that Iverson willed to the finals and got creamed. yeah that team with theo ratliffe, aaron mckie, and eric snow.

Please. We have the best player in the game and the best Regular season team since the Jordan Bulls.

The aesthetics look terrible because the officials are letting everything go. The talent in the NBA has never been this good.

baseketball, as currently played in the NBA, is the best it has ever been.

Well, comparing the NBA to its past sets the bar fairly low, which is in a way, almost poetic ... :rolleyes:

Please. We have the best player in the game and the best Regular season team since the Jordan Bulls.

The aesthetics look terrible because the officials are letting everything go. The talent in the NBA has never been this good.

Make no mistake, the officials have been made aware of what they can call and what they can't.

LBJ commits so many offensive fouls i dont know how he can complain the hacks he gets back since most of them dont seem to effect his shots at all. but really as little NBA as i watch i for the life of me dont see how GS was the best team in the league.. they seem to be a one dimensional hope curry or thompson are bombing from outside or else they cant score at all type team..

neither team has any flow, they have 3-4 bigs who just bounce off people and hope to get an offensive put back.. its impossible to watch if you dont have a routing interest.

LBJ commits so many offensive fouls i dont know how he can complain the hacks he gets back since most of them dont seem to effect his shots at all. but really as little NBA as i watch i for the life of me dont see how GS was the best team in the league.. they seem to be a one dimensional hope curry or thompson are bombing from outside or else they cant score at all type team..

neither team has any flow, they have 3-4 bigs who just bounce off people and hope to get an offensive put back.. its impossible to watch if you dont have a routing interest.

Make no mistake, the officials have been made aware of what they can call and what they can't.

This is an extremely physical series and after every game you can review the officials report card. The NBA told the officials they missed some calls in game one, two and three. The call they didn't admit they got wrong was Lebron slide tackle on steph, and I thought it should of been a called, but the NBA sided with the officials on that play.

You can complain a little bit about the officials each game, but it balances out, and the NBA officiating process is way more transparent than college basketball, and the Finals have been officiated a lot better than the day our boy Pat Driscoll and crew had in the National Championship game.

Last edited:

what?? so tell me which team benefits more from the way the series has been called, and then tell me its fair.

edit: curry is the mvp, did you ever see an mvp get treated this way?

Well Lebron also got away with tackling Steph in the open court as Golden State was making their comeback.

If I was Cleveland I wouldn't complain about the officiating too much because this style of play is the only way they can win. If you want more whistles, that benefits Golden State.

That was a textbook slide tackle right out of soccer. I couldn't believe they didn't call that. Lebron is weird to me he gets a lot of calls where I say What he completely initiated and then they don't blow the whistle on stuff that looks to me like an obvious foul. All in all he likely should shoot more FT's but that's just my opinion. I also think Lebron should get called for a few offensive fouls here and there to make it fair. The guy bulldozes into people and pushes off with the off hand like crazy . . . but then again if they were giving him all the fouls he should get then he likely wouldn't need to do that as much. His constant complaining and banter with the refs is extremely tiring. He dramatically threw himself on the floor in game 4 to exaggerate a foul and wound up cutting himself on a camera. I'm glad he's OK but I though well that's bound to happen the way he does that on the baseline anytime he misses a shot.

I think Steph should be at the line more in these finals as well since Della and Shump foul him constantly and slap at his arms all the time. IMO they are allowing way too much contact in these finals and that actually favors Cleveland.

It doesn't matter Cleveland is spent, Golden St. has lost what 4 games in their building this year? Cleveland just doesn't have enough horses after all the injuries and Lebron as great as he was for the first 3 games (all time greatness) cannot do that for 7 games playing 47 minutes per.

All in all I have really enjoyed the western conference playoffs and this series. I am glad Lebron went all "best player in the world" to make this a series.

Last edited:
It is a stinking shame that due to seeding rules that make no sense, that was a first round matchup.

They really should seed the whole league. No east west in the playoffs. I don't care if they still let 8 teams in from the east, but really its stupid than most of the teams in the east had any chance to even advance to a conference finals (semifinals) other than Cleveland.

They really should seed the whole league. No east west in the playoffs. I don't care if they still let 8 teams in from the east, but really its stupid than most of the teams in the east had any chance to even advance to a conference finals (semifinals) other than Cleveland.
And maybe Chicago this year.

Silver has said they probably will change the seeding to put less emphasis on division winners. If that was the case this year, San Antonio would of played Memphis in the 1st round and Portland would of had the Clippers.

Edit: He said one reason they wouldn't seed the whole league is because you would of had a Boston/Golden State first round and that type of travel isn't necessarily beneficial to the number one seed, and thats why you will still see the east/west split going forward.

Last edited:
Silver has said they probably will change the seeding to put less emphasis on division winners. If that was the case this year. San Antonio would of played Memphis in the 1st round and Portland would of had the Clippers.

Edit: He said one reason they wouldn't seed the whole league is because you would of had a Boston/Golden State first round and that type of travel isn't necessarily beneficial to the number one seed, and thats why you will still see the east/west split going forward.

Its better than nothing but in a sport that plays as many games as the NBA you can schedule in a way where you could legitimately take the 16 teams with the best record. You could have some rule about 1st round travel limitations but after round 1 there are only 8 teams and you just reseed by regular season results. I know it will likely never happen though.

Anyway, with a couple days rest, Cleveland will come back strong. I would not bet on them, but bet it is closer than last night. Hoping to see a game 7.

Anyway, with a couple days rest, Cleveland will come back strong. I would not bet on them, but bet is closer than last night. Hoping to see a game 7.

I'm not sure. I think Cleveland will have better legs but Kerr isn't going to play Boget or Ezilla much at all. David Lee allows them to play 5 offensive threats at once and Golden St. is due for a break out offensive game IMO. They had a good game last night but not a great one. The other issue is if Golden St can get Cleveland playing from behind its going to be pretty tough for them. I actually think its a 20pt or more win for Golden St.

The series was last night IMO. Cleveland had to win last night to secure control and have a clinching game at home. Golden St had to win last night to get their confidence back and head home with a very high likely hood of grabbing a 3-2 lead.

I see this ending in 6. They don't have enough guys to keep up with Golden State for 48 minutes. Even when Cleveland won in games two and three they were running out of gas in the fourth quarters, and Golden State almost came back. Golden State is plus 36 in the fourth quarter/OT in this series.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom