I said I would apologize to Hackett... | Syracusefan.com

I said I would apologize to Hackett...

Crusty

Living Legend
...if he rose to the occasion and really changed the offensive scheme for the better. I said he had not shown anything to indicate he had it in him and did not think he could/would do it. I am pleased to say that I was wrong. The hurry up, zone read, shotgun, no FB etc was excellent, fun to watch and provides great hope for the future. I also think it will help recruit skill players.

Great job and congratulations for a job well done. I'll go have my crow breakfast now.

And by the way, Doug, close practice any time you want and to hell with the press.

Agreed, now he has to continue with this improvement. Yesterday was the first legitimate college offense I have seen Syracuse run since George DeLeone was the offensive coordinator. We have scored a lot of points in other games, but our offense never looked like what I have seen from other college offenses. 597 yards was impressive and while Northwestern won't be elite they are a bowl team.

...if he rose to the occasion and really changed the offensive scheme for the better. I said he had not shown anything to indicate he had it in him and did not think he could/would do it. I am pleased to say that I was wrong. The hurry up, zone read, shotgun, no FB etc was excellent, fun to watch and provides great hope for the future. I also think it will help recruit skill players.

Great job and congratulations for a job well done. I'll go have my crow breakfast now.

And by the way, Doug, close practice any time you want and to hell with the press.

With respect Crusty, I think you are mistaken about who makes these types of decisions about what the offense was going to look like this season, and what it will look like going forward.

The offensive schemes and game planning have centered around Marrone for, at least, the last two years. Hackett calls the plays in game, based largely on the play call sheet that he develops jointly with Marrone.

Personally, I think Hackett has a very, very bright future and is well respected by his peers. He should be judged this year by his ability to translate, teach and implement the new offense. But, the decision was never his alone.

With respect Crusty, I think you are mistaken about who makes these types of decisions about what the offense was going to look like this season, and what it will look like going forward.

The offensive schemes and game planning have centered around Marrone for, at least, the last two years. Hackett calls the plays in game, based largely on the play call sheet that he develops jointly with Marrone.

Personally, I think Hackett has a very, very bright future and is well respected by his peers. He should be judged this year by his ability to translate, teach and implement the new offense. But, the decision was never his alone.
Of course, Marrone is the HC and has the final say but Hackett as OC has to design plays, teach, scheme game plans and call plays. I had my doubts he had it in him but he does.

Was it just me, or did it seem like Nassib had more time in the pocket to operate?

If true, I hope he has that luxury next weekend...

Was it just me, or did it seem like Nassib had more time in the pocket to operate?

If true, I hope he has that luxury next weekend...
OL pass block was stupendous yesterday and Nassib stepped up very, very well.

Agreed, now he has to continue with this improvement. Yesterday was the first legitimate college offense I have seen Syracuse run since George DeLeone was the offensive coordinator. We have scored a lot of points in other games, but our offense never looked like what I have seen from other college offenses. 597 yards was impressive and while Northwestern won't be elite they are a bowl team.
Have to agree. This was the type of game where a Coach P led team would not have made the comeback.

I enjoyed what i saw yesterday. To me, the Oregon, WVU, Texas Tech offenses, while certainly capable of putting up lots of points, are junk ascethetically-speaking. I much prefer the precision of a pro-style offense like USCs. It looks like Syracuse is dabbling in both, which is good since they dont have the players to do purely what USC does.

To me, the Oregon, WVU, Texas Tech offenses, while certainly capable of putting up lots of points, are junk ascethetically-speaking.
I... you.. but...

That can't be real.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom