I still can't believe that Cam newton didn't dive for that football | Syracusefan.com

I still can't believe that Cam newton didn't dive for that football

Yeah did he explain what happened because he seemed to jump back even...

I really think he was badly hurt early in the game and instinctively avoided contact on the loose ball.

What. You are playing for the Super bowl.
FUMBLE!!!!

scared-little-girl.jpg

F him.

he will never be elite & loved now.

Cam looked beat to crap by the end of the game, heck by halftime, but I agree he should have dove for that ball. They may have still had a chance.

You HAVE to dive for that ball...he seemed energetic when he was twisting around on the ground begging for a late hit late in the game.

That did look like a late him to me though. :)

No idea why he didn't dive - the game is right there, my boy Phil Rivers played in the AFC Championship the same week he got his knee scoped. It's football - toughen up!!

That was a big mistake on his part, might've cost Carolina the game. Since he didn't go and get it we'll never know what might have happened but if they maintain possession there it could've eventually led to an all-time Super Bowl ending with Newton driving the team down the field in the final minute for a go ahead touchdown (with the extra point of course). Or maybe it would've led to a tremendous goal line stand by Denver.

At the very least it would've made the final 4 minutes interesting.

you guys have been quiet on him, so i'll take it you all think Simms called a good game.

heres a bit on cam's legacy making play...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/raissman-review-simms-nantz-jump-cam-article-1.2523712
Simms was awful. He claimed Cam Newton threw the ball too fast on his 3rd Q INT when the pass was just high and not Ted Ginn Jr.'s fault. He kept calling Robert McClain the wrong name Robert McBride.

Simms you have said was your favorite QB but he was awful on commentary. I hope Manning gets his job next year.

Simms was the wrong name Robert McBride.

Simms you have said was your favorite QB but he was awful on commentary. I hope Manning gets his job next year.
i thought he did a bang up job. i tried to pay attention to it.

if i felt he sucked, id want him off because i wouldnt want him embarrassing himself.

i didnt see it that way at all.

Peyton is either going to a studio (FOX, Bradshaw may be at the end of his line) or will join NBC for Sunday Nights.

i cant see him doing afternoon games.

hes too BIG for that.

i thought he did a bang up job. i tried to pay attention to it.

if i felt he sucked, id want him off because i wouldnt want him embarrassing himself.

i didnt see it that way at all.

Peyton is either going to a studio (FOX, Bradshaw may be at the end of his line) or will join NBC for Sunday Nights.

i cant see him doing afternoon games.

hes too BIG for that.
Simms contract is up. Rumor is CBS wants Manning. They move Boomer to the booth if Manning wants studio. He could take Boomer's studio and everyone wins.

AFC fans are fed up with Simms in the booth and CBS knows. People were pissed about Carey always being wrong and they put him on ice.

Simms contract is up. Rumor is CBS wants Manning. They move Boomer to the booth if Manning wants studio. He could take Boomer's studio and everyone wins.

AFC fans are fed up with Simms in the booth and CBS knows. People were pissed about Carey always being wrong and they put him on ice.
interesting. i dont follow it enough to know about contracts. nor have i heard of the Simms hate till you guys and that biased article.

regardless, i just cant see Peyton doing afternoons unless hes in a studio, that way the whole country can hear him.

now that NBC has some Thursdays with their Sundays, I can see him as the 3rd man in there, till hes strong enough for a 2 man booth.

thats even bigger exposure.

Cam looked beat to crap by the end of the game, heck by halftime, but I agree he should have dove for that ball. They may have still had a chance.
I saw it again last night and it appears that he might have have thought that his own player was going to get the ball.

I don't like Newton. I respect his stats but too much crap about his personal life, Stuff at Florida and his Dad attempting to extort money from colleges recruiting him. Nothing ever came of that, but Fab Melo asking to have his grade re evaluated does not compare. That's just me.

I saw it again last night and it appears that he might have have thought that his own player was going to get the ball.

I don't like Newton. I respect his stats but too much crap about his personal life, Stuff at Florida and his Dad attempting to extort money from colleges recruiting him. Nothing ever came of that, but Fab Melo asking to have his grade re evaluated does not compare. That's just me.

He has addressed this and apparently was trying to avoid injury. Pretty sad

Lol...he claims his legs were not in the right position to dive for the ball,but still good enough to make a good sideways jump to steer clear of the contact. He was thinking about next years MVP award and not his team.

He all about the Labron school of marketing.