I take it the writing is on the wall... | Syracusefan.com

I take it the writing is on the wall...

SUOrangeSU

All Conference
for joseph...I mean he couldn't get in for cooney when we were up by 20+ when the subs came in

Yeah. I think last night gave us our answer on his status. Enter Messrs. Thompson and/or Diallo...

Yep, I was thinking the same thing. Kaleb not getting any minutes last night was about as clear of a message as you can get that we have moved on. While I have been rooting for Kaleb, at this point, I just hope he finds another home where he can contribute. I was actually glad that our walk0n's didn't get any minutes last night because it is painful to see Kaleb inserted with them (no offense intended to our walkon's).

Yea, probably best for both parties if they just part ways amicably. Next year, hopefully with Richardson returning, you will have a starting backcourt of a 5* recruit - tailor made for the zone playing alongside a potential lottery pick, also tailor made for the zone with Howard showing flashes of being a promising pure point guard, who again, is tailor made for the zone.

for joseph...I mean he couldn't get in for cooney when we were up by 20+ when the subs came in
In SWC's last radio show recap, he said JB was asked about next years guards. JB said he was happy, and included Kaleb in the group fwiw.
Check his thread for the exact quote. It's toward the bottom.

Towards the end of JB's presser last night, he stated that Kaleb has had some good practices recently, however, as with O, he will not 'experiment' with either of them at this time as he feels comfortable with the current 7 man rotation. Went on to say you can win with 7 as long as those 7 are good/solid players...mentioned how Duke and Okie are playing 7 and winning...stated so are many other teams.

I expected much more from Kaleb this season, it just seems that as soon as he makes a mistake it sticks with him and spirals out of control. If he is back or not next year I will say that he has acquitted himself quite well under the circumstances. By all accounts he worked his but off over the off season and continues to work hard even without PT. He seems to cheer as much as anyone form the bench and seemed genuinely happy for DC during his early 2nd half explosion last night. Plenty of kids his age handle these situations well at all.

That said it may be in his best interest bball wise to move on if Mal is back. Frank, Mal and Tyus would all be slated ahead of him on the depth chart likely not leaving much PT. It would be nice to have the extra depth but with only 11 spots if DC returns than I'd prefer the spot go to Thompson so he has a season to develop.

I'm afraid the writing was on the wall when Kaleb worked hard all summer and played well in the exhibitions but then saw limited minutes in the first couple games. Or when dasher reported that the coaching staff gave up on him in the offseason.

It's a shame, but hopefully he's able to do what's best for him going forward. If that's transferring to play basketball (and I'm sure he can produce for a lot of decent teams), I can't fault him. If he wants to stay at SU and get a good degree in a subject that interests him while practicing at a high level, I don't doubt that he'll be a great success in life (and probably see some court time in 2018; maybe not like Allen Griffin did, but even Michael Edwards got a token start on Senior Day).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom