Class of 2015 - I think people don't look at what's right in front of them | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 I think people don't look at what's right in front of them

20Plus

We're recruiting Jones for a reason. Man can we catch another break

We're recruiting Jones for a reason. Man can we catch another break
This is actually a thread that will test your mind do you think it's a good news for scholarship coming back or bad news I know the answer

There are multiple threads that have thoroughly covered this topic.
OK so if that's the case let's get where you stand on the topic I know where I stand and I know

OK so if that's the case let's get where you stand on the topic I know where I stand and I know
Sorry I don't spend as much time here in the summer next time I'll read every thread and every discussion before posting the biggest question going into the season

Sorry I don't spend as much time here in the summer next time I'll read every thread and every discussion before posting the biggest question going into the season

No need to be sorry. Long and short is NCAA had yet to clear Diagne may not have yet but looks like he will make it to campus.

No need to be sorry. Long and short is NCAA had yet to clear Diagne may not have yet but looks like he will make it to campus.
Let me challenge you with this why do you believe that it looks like he will make it to campus because everybody with the perspective is saying what you would expect them to say and you're treating that is gospel? Do you believe there still recruiting Jones?

Let me challenge you with this why do you believe that it looks like he will make it to campus because everybody with the perspective is saying what you would expect them to say and you're treating that is gospel? Do you believe there still recruiting Jones?

Because I think at worst it will be a Chino situation of a lost season of eligibility. My own thoughts from the puzzle pieces. Take it how you want.

Chino was never missed mouse having a Parallel situation would change entire season

There's no evidence that we are recruiting Jones. He had 'interest' a few weeks ago. That was probably a phone call just in case a worst case scenario occurred with Diagne. He has no offer and no planned visit right now. I have no idea what will happen, but I strongly advise against jumping to conclusions and or panicking.

and I know
8271228.gif

There's no evidence that we are recruiting Jones. He had 'interest' a few weeks ago. That was probably a phone call just in case a worst case scenario occurred with Diagne. He has no offer and no planned visit right now. I have no idea what will happen, but I strongly advise against jumping to conclusions and or panicking.
It is not panic nor jumping it is necessary prep work

Wouldn't you say that Jones is probably still waiting on that offer, though? Otherwise why not choose one of the firm offers he does have?

Just strange to me. Something's up.

Cheers,
Neil

Wouldn't you say that Jones is probably still waiting on that offer, though? Otherwise why not choose one of the firm offers he does have?

Cheers,
Neil
Agreed.

Agreed.
I think we're all over analyzing a bit here. Most likely jones really likes SU and wants to make sure that there's no chance he can come before choosing someone else. Or perhaps he's just a bit indecisive-- he has already decommitted from one school after all. And the staff are just covering all possible scenarios in case the NCAA does something inconsistent and unpredictable-- oh wait, it's the NCAA, everything is inconsistent and unpredictable.

Jones set up visits with Utep and Memphis for 8/1 and 8/4 I believe. He said we showed serious interest. There has been no offer and there has been no visit scheduled to SU. He set these two visits up about a week or so ago. Perhaps to allow himself some time in case something opened up at SU. The question you ask is why would SU be interested. There are basically 3 possibilities.

1. We are getting ships back and wanted to use one on him. Certainly a possibility and I do believe we are getting ships back but I would think and immediate open ship we knew about would go toward trying to get Huerter in the 2016 class first. After that likely a 2016 big or save it for 2017 in which we are in play for some serious talent.
2. We need a big because Diagne isn't going to be eligible. (everyone else is already on campus and enrolled) We know that he does not have his student visa. The student visa is issued by the school (SU). Its likely the school cannot issue the student visa until the player is approved by the NCAA clearinghouse. He has to have qualifying scores for the clearinghouse to even consider him or he would already be ineligible. So if he has all the scores its either that they are questioning the legitimacy of some scores or they are questioning his transcript from before he came over to the states.
3. DC2 is known not to be healthy. Least likely scenario as we just received confirmation from him recently that he is at this point healthy with no pain or swelling. Plus even if he wasn't healthy we would still be carrying his ship for this season either way.

At this point I think the "strong interest" may have passed and until we see a visit scheduled there isn't much to talk about unless 20Plus wants to come out with what "I know the answer" means.

Last edited:
Jones set up visits with Utep and Memphis for 8/1 and 8/4 I believe. He said we showed serious interest. There has been no offer and there has been no visit scheduled to SU. He set these two visits up about a week or so ago. Perhaps to allow himself some time in case something opened up at SU. The question you ask is why would SU be interested. There are basically 3 possibilities.

1. We are getting ships back and wanted to use one on him. Certainly a possibility and I do believe we are getting ships back but I would think and immediate open ship we knew about would go toward trying to get Huerter in the 2016 class first. After that likely a 2016 big or save it for 2017 in which we are in play for some serious talent.
2. We need a big because Diagne isn't going to be eligible. (everyone else is already on campus and enrolled) We know that he does not have his student visa. The student visa is issued by the school (SU). Its likely the school cannot issue the student visa until the player is approved by the NCAA clearinghouse. He has to have qualifying scores for the clearinghouse to even consider him or he would already be ineligible. So if he has all the scores its either that they are questioning the legitimacy of some scores or they are questioning his transcript from before he came over to the states.
3. DC2 is known not to be healthy. Least likely scenario as we just received confirmation from him recently that he is at this point healthy with no pain or swelling. Plus even if he wasn't healthy we would still be carrying his ship for this season either way.

At this point I think the "strong interest" may have passed and until we see a visit scheduled there isn't much to talk about unless 20Plus wants to come out with what "I know the answer" means then i'm not sure what there is to talk about.

There's always a 4th possibility...

SU hasn't shown any serious interest in this kid since before Chukwu transferred in. Jones wouldn't be the first kid to exaggerate his popularity on Twitter. Football recruits do it all the time.

There's always a 4th possibility...

SU hasn't shown any serious interest in this kid since before Chukwu transferred in. Jones wouldn't be the first kid to exaggerate his popularity on Twitter. Football recruits do it all the time.

Certainly and it is also possible that he expressed interest in SU so the staff checked him out to do their due diligence. I think its less likely but it does happen. In bball with very few spots it would be foolish not to at least look into a kid who is going to decide shortly and wants to go to your school.

Cheers,
Neil

Well he appears to be moving forward with setting up visits to other schools, so he's not waiting on us necessarily. But put it this way - we are the highest profile place on his radar right now, if I was him and Syracuse called me with even a flicker of interest - hell yeah I'd keep my options opened until that door shut. There is also the possibility that it is just cool to be able advertise to the world on your twitter that "Syracuse has shown serious interest." Remember, most people seem to think their life is a reality show and you have to continue to pump the system for ratings and "cred." Those likes aren't going to click themselves.

HoustonCuse said:
Well he appears to be moving forward with setting up visits to other schools, so he's not waiting on us necessarily. But put it this way - we are the highest profile place on his radar right now, if I was him and Syracuse called me with even a flicker of interest - hell yeah I'd keep my options opened until that door shut. There is also the possibility that it is just cool to be able advertise to the world on your twitter that "Syracuse has shown serious interest." Remember, most people seem to think their life is a reality show and you have to continue to pump the system for ratings and "cred." Those likes aren't going to click themselves.

He most certainly could be waiting on us. We would not allow a visit unless there is a spot to be had. If it becomes apparent that we have an opening, we might get one.

Well, as an international student back in the day at SU, here's my thought..

School (SU) only issues something called I-20 when they accept your application. International students have to go to the US embassy back in their countries with I-20 to get F-1 aka student visa issued by the government.

Ironically, I-20 doesn't guarantee you to get F-1. It depends on how your interviewer's mood is. If he's in a bad mood just because he got a fight with his wife last night, you will probably get rejected (to get your student visa). Then you will have to go to the embassy again and again until you get your F-1.

If you are lucky enough to get your student visa, the very first/earliest day that you can enter America is 30 days before/prior the first day of the semester. There's orientation for international student and usually it's held two weeks before school begins. Let's say if the orientation is held on Aug. 17th, then Diagne is allowed to enter America since July 17th.

Kid left his family for more than 2 years. Just let him spend time and have fun with them.

Hope he can get on campus on time without any problem. Go Orange!

School (SU) only issues something called I-20 when they accept your application. International students have to go to the US embassy back in their countries with I-20 to get F-1 aka student visa issued by the government.

Ironically, I-20 doesn't guarantee you to get F-1. It depends on how your interviewer's mood is. If he's in a bad mood just because he got a fight with his wife last night, you will probably get rejected (to get your student visa). Then you will have to go to the embassy again and again until you get your F-1.

If you are lucky enough to get your student visa, the very first/earliest day that you can enter America is 30 days before/prior the first day of the semester. There's orientation for international student and usually it's held two weeks before school begins. Let's say if the orientation is held on Aug. 17th, then Diagne is allowed to enter America since July 17th.

Kid left his family for more than 2 years. Just let him spend time and have fun with them.

I feel bad that he needs to deal with all these layers of bureaucracy. Doesn't seem right to me. Thanks for the first hand account.

Last edited:

Diagne was already attending HS in New Jersey. You mean he still had to return to Senegal for paperwork even if he already had a Student Visa?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom