I think we all can agree | Syracusefan.com

I think we all can agree

SU2NASA

All American
This is the most beautiful uniform that Syracuse has ever worn.

mcnabb_college.jpg

you guys are too nostalgic. You like those unis becuase the team was good and we were winners. It reminds you of a better time. Like an old song you used to enjoy.

you guys are too nostalgic. You like those unis becuase the team was good and we were winners. It reminds you of a better time. Like an old song you used to enjoy.

Those jerseys were Pearl Jam. These jerseys are Jusin Bieber.

Those jerseys were Pearl Jam. These jerseys are SkrillexJusin Bieber.

Times change. I didn't like the uni's at first and have now decided I'm all for em. If the players like them, recruits like them, and we win wearing them I love em. Hell, it's Syracuse football, I don't care what they wear I will support the team regardless.

Times change. I didn't like the uni's at first and have now decided I'm all for em. If the players like them, recruits like them, and we win wearing them I love em. Hell, it's Syracuse football, I don't care what they wear I will support the team regardless.

I don't know why people are equating hating the jerseys to not supporting the team. I can still love Syracuse Orangemen football and think they look like a dumpsterfire.

Pretty much.

I like watching a uniform that represents great success.

I do not want to watch what is little more than Va Tech and Oklahoma State uniforms affixed to Syracuse players.

Sorry.

There is nothing unique here. It's just the same old BS that Nike is selling.

Good idea.

Lets have the Yankees junk the pinstripes and the script "NY"!

That will go over well.

I don't know why people are equating hating the jerseys to not supporting the team. I can still love Syracuse Orangemen football and think they look like a dumpsterfire.

Wasn't equating it to hating the team, more pointing out that none of us really give a **** because we love the team regardless.

I just went through the same thing with this years Liverpool kits.

Good idea.

Lets have the Yankees junk the pinstripes and the script "NY"!

That will go over well.

Syracuse football, unfortunately, hasn't 1/10th the stature of the Yankees.

There's something to that (the same reason people seem to love the underwhelming and forgettable 2003 basketball uniforms).

That said, our football look was really solid from the early '80s through the McNabb era. The shadow font on the numbers is cheesy and dated, but overall it was a simple and aesthetically pleasing uniform.

Pretty much.

I like watching a uniform that represents great success.

I do not want to watch what is little more than Va Tech and Oklahoma State uniforms affixed to Syracuse players.

Sorry.

There is nothing unique here. It's just the same old BS that Nike is selling.
Nothing unique? Every stripe on the jersey is at a 44 degree angle. The logo on the top of the chest is two 4's crossed to pay homage to our training at Fort Drum. And there are orange pants and an orange jersey on the way for next year. With the right color undershirt, I love the white uniforms. The blue home unis will be excellent with the orange pants. To be honest, the gray is a lot better than I expected as well.

Syracuse football, unfortunately, hasn't 1/10th the stature of the Yankees.

But we did have uniforms that had tradition in them that were recognizable as Syracuse. They may have evolved over time, but there was a lineage. These are a mess that will undoubtedly be replaced in only a few years with another fad.

But we did have uniforms that had tradition in them that were recognizable as Syracuse. They may have evolved over time, but there was a lineage. These are a mess that will undoubtedly be replaced in only a few years with another fad.

Perhaps im just a contrarian and an optimist by nature. I want to see what they look like on the field and on TV and go from there. On the bright side, they look nothing like these... and that makes them beautiful
upload_2014-4-16_16-37-59.jpeg

Fine line between "unique" and "gimmicky" or "contrived."
Gimmicky would be if the number 44 was plastered all over the jersey in metallic tones. Subtly incorporating the number in a way like this is pretty cool, IMO. Sure you can write it off as marketing nonsense, but the stripes have some meaning now.

All of you "Get off my lawn" types need to get over it. They are the Syracuse Orange and wear blue/platinum and white.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom