I understand what that one poster meant about reading the board after a loss... | Syracusefan.com

I understand what that one poster meant about reading the board after a loss...

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
Just wanted to second his post again.
Season over?? Really guys? Over-reacting a bit?

It was a hard fought game we outshot miami from 2 from 3, outrebounded them by 10,

Abysmal free throw shooting, and 5 more turnovers then them,
but we were a missed G dunk/layup, a conversion off Ron's steal mid second half, a conversion off of Rak/Robersons foul line jumpers, a conversion off of one of Buss/Gbinijes/Cooneys open threes(one of Cooneys was halfway down), or 1 less turnover, from getting a clear look to win the game right at the end.
Just to give a few examples.

And we came back from down 10 - atleast three times today.

Is Duke's sesaon over after losing to Miami by 13 at home??? And getting stripped the last 3 plays of the game? I don't think anybody thinks so.

These kids came out and played nearly 40 minutes while Ron and Kaleb the two with less minutes want to be out there. This team fights. And Roberson played his best half of the season today.

Last edited:
A message board is a place to vent, as long as you are civil and stay within the rules, I don't see what the problem is.

So is this permission to highjack the negative threads with postive posts to then? ;)

So is this permission to highjack the negative threads with postive posts to then? ;)

you don't need permission to do that.

but you have to see that this season is going nowhere fast. You can be peter positive all you want, but if you don't see that - you are also delusional.

Therefore - you may just want to lurk and let people on a forum get their frustrations out. Its actually a good thing. As another poster said... as long as everyone is staying within boundaries and for the most part everyone does (or the mods handle it) - it just means there are some passionate Syracuse fans.

Just accept it. We are not an ncaa team. I have and it makes games like this less painful.

I wouldn't say its a fact, I don't think we have as good of a shot to go deep in the tournament because of depth issues, but I think Xmas, Cooney and G have the leadership, physicality and Seniority to lead us into a first maybe second round win. And what we lack in depth we make up for in resting with only 2 games a week if we do get in.

Kaleb Patterson, and Roberson need to step up though.

I was asked earlier this week how I felt about the games this weekend. I said we'd probably lose both but I liked our chances a lot more against UNC than Miami. Here's looking forward to Monday!

orangefan13 said:
Kaleb Patterson, and Roberson need to step up though.

Roberson did step up. Huge that first half before Rak got going. Plus besides the 14 rebounds, there were another 5-6 where he kept the ball alive so someone else could get the rebound. Best all around game of the year for him. He's become a great inside passer.

Just accept it. We are not an ncaa team. I have and it makes games like this less painful.
Not ready to give up! Frekin Mich St. Doesn't have our record.. but they end up in the tourney every year.

The proof is out there on the floor. Cold hard truth is we are probably not an NCAA team this year. SU has rebounded from these type seasons before, but it is hard to face in the midst of the season.

Wonder if announcers will bring up NCAAT actions on SU and UNC? It will be the Battle of the Bans!

Which is one reason that I am hoping that if we have to endure a postseason ban, its this season. I just don't see any way we make the field this season especially the way the rest of the schedule is lining up.

I personally avoid the boards after a loss for at least 24 hours...it helps to cool down and reflect on the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom