I want more passes by backs and receivers next year | Syracusefan.com

I want more passes by backs and receivers next year

We needed one more guy to throw a pass and we would have been number 1 in # of players throwing the ball this year.. We should have borrowed that Pitt oline kid. he out ran our Dbs and throws better than our QBs..

3-5 for 117 yards and a TD and no picks

move strickland to WR and give him a RPO on bubble screens

i'm only half kidding here

Did you catch Bud P's 2016 Football Review today?

Interesting stats.

The 2016 Orange ran 220 more plays, and gained 1,450 more yards than in 2015, but held the ball for fewer minutes, scored nineteen fewer points, and had the same number of TDs.

It was a real mixed bag.

Bottom line for me - we needs lots and lots of big, strong, fast athletes and we need them now!

Interesting stats.

The 2016 Orange ran 220 more plays, and gained 1,450 more yards than in 2015, but held the ball for fewer minutes, scored nineteen fewer points, and had the same number of TDs.

It was a real mixed bag.

Bottom line for me - we needs lots and lots of big, strong, fast athletes and we need them now!
this would've been a horrific year if not for converting a lot of 4th downs and chucking it up for AET

Interesting stats.

It was a real mixed bag.

Last year's team had several OT's to pad the TD stats, plus several more D and ST TD's as well.

Clearly, this year's O was dramatically better in most respects.
And likely to improve upon that - especially the scoring part - in the 2nd year of running the new system.

Last year's team had several OT's to pad the TD stats, plus several more D and ST TD's as well.

And likely to improve upon that - especially the scoring part - in the 2nd year of running the new system.
we are 7% better than last year in offensive yards per play

i think that's surprisingly low.

but we cut our yardage difference per game in half. gave up 119 yards more than we gained last year, only (i know, ONLY) gave up 60 more this year

our defensive scores last year hurt the overall yardage margins - teams we played got two possessions in a row to pick up yards. so it's not all because of more fourth down conversions but it's a big part.

my favourite game growing up.

70506b_lg.jpeg

when all other hope is lost pull out the FLEA FLICKER card and bounce that bead.

we are 7% better than last year in offensive yards per play

i think that's surprisingly low.

but we cut our yardage difference per game in half. gave up 119 yards more than we gained last year, only (i know, ONLY) gave up 60 more this year

our defensive scores last year hurt the overall yardage margins - teams we played got two possessions in a row to pick up yards. so it's not all because of more fourth down conversions but it's a big part.
Was it really 2 in a row, skewing the numbers, or just an interrupted possession. After all, our offense isn't credited with gaining yards on a defensive score.

I'm just reporting what Poliquin wrote.

I haven't reviewed the stats myself.

Clearly we ran more plays this year but the scoring output was pretty much the same - and scoring is of course what counts.

I'm just reporting what Poliquin wrote.

I haven't reviewed the stats myself.

Clearly we ran more plays this year but the scoring output was pretty much the same - and scoring is of course what counts.
it's making me a little nuts that this is still a topic

Be happy

we have scored 41% more regulation offensive touchdowns this year.

What is the stat minus the Pitt game?
i don't know why we would take out the pitt game. which game do take out from last year?

to evaluate the offense, i want to take out defense and special teams and overtime but you want to take out a good game? i like good games

i don't know why we would take out the pitt game. which game do take out from last year?

to evaluate the offense, i want to take out defense and special teams and overtime but you want to take out a good game? i like good games

The game was clearly anomalous - Pitt seemed to give up after taking a huge lead - and some folks want to take out OT games from last year.

The game was clearly anomalous - Pitt seemed to give up after taking a huge lead - and some folks want to take out OT games from last year.
this is so ridiculous, i can't believe i'm wasting my time explaining it. plenty of garbage time last year

this year's offense would've scored more if they had more possessions that started at the 25 they way they do in OT.