I want to believe | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I want to believe

But going into Death Valley and winning on a Saturday night seems implausible to me. What am I missing? Or do I need to begin drinking heavily to see?
It is also Homecoming Weekend for Clemson.

But going into Death Valley and winning on a Saturday night seems implausible to me. What am I missing? Or do I need to begin drinking heavily to see?
There not as good as last year, and AJ Long is a kind of Wild Card in the whole scheme. If he can get outside the pocket and run and throw he can negate some of Clemson's advantage. I think there's a chance. ( I wouldn't put money on it though )

yeah - it's on the implausible side

but Clemson has injury problems on offense and this SU team has played and competed against teams that are better than the current version of Clemson already this year. Combine that with SU's record and the Tigers memory of that walk-over last season and they might not be as focused as they need to be.

while implausible - an upset is definitely possible

I'll pop on other teams boards as it's generally a bit entertaining, and frankly the talk from the same folks and blinders that come w/ any board and their 'own' team gets old. You haven't heard me argue on the history of 'Cuse football, that Clemson football is better, blah, blah, blah.

If you guys beat us, it won't be that our team was thinking of last year, looked past 'Cuse, etc. - it'll likely be due to the fact your kids outplayed ours that day. Do I think you can win if Clemson plays its best game? No...Do I think you can help us not play our best game? Sure. Maybe this frosh QB has his coming out party...and if he does and leads you to a win - you'll be 'on to something'.

If you score 70 on us as WVU did (I still fail to see how/what that has to do w/ this Saturday in any way), you'll likely see Swinney can his DC as he did after that game, LOL.

I offered up the keys to the game in the other thread, but after reading more on your team I think it comes down to this - in both directions:

Pressure will be put on both QBs, I think you guys will through blitzes...we will because of talent.

Will the WRs be able to make plays/get open? I don't think we (Clemson) are going to even pretend to run the ball...just don't have the RB to do it right now. That's going to limit us.

DB v WR play will be what I watch for early on.

yeah - it's on the implausible side

but Clemson has injury problems on offense and this SU team has played and competed against teams that are better than the current version of Clemson already this year. Combine that with SU's record and the Tigers memory of that walk-over last season and they might not be as focused as they need to be.

while implausible - an upset is definitely possible

ssmorol said:
haha...me too...Aftershock & then there was Avalanche that was the blue peppermint one.

Ours nasty peppermint drink of choice was Dr. McGillicuddy's. Just disgusting. I kind of want to throw up thinking about it.

These Clemson fans crack me up. They try to play this humble Southerner, completely supportive of this wonky, manufactured bewilderment at how our players "trash talk" and didn't pay proper respect and homage to such a finely tuned athletic instrument. Meanwhile, they talk about their DL as though they're the Wild Bunch and their team that's closer to dropping out of the Top 25 than landing in the Top 10 as if they're ready to take on the '72 Dolphins.

WELL, YOU KNOW WHAT? I'VE HAD ENOUGH. IT'S SHARING TIME WITH OTTOINGROTTO, EVERYONE. SO, CLEMSON FANS, THERE ARE A FEW THINGS IT IS TIME TO GET OFF MY CHEST:

Orange and purple is a wonderful color combination. IF YOU'RE COLOR BLIND.

Nobody knows how to pronounce the name of your school.

I don't care how good you think your team, coaches players are or what kind of respect you think you deserve, at the end of the day you're the next team on our schedule and we're walking in to your stadium with plans to win.

You were dumb enough to bring Chad Kelly on to your campus.

You spend your time on message boards for fans of other teams. Yeah, you know what, here at syracusefan.com we damn well know we are putting our careers and marriages in danger thanks to how much time we spend here, but at least we do it on our home turf with our own sick band of idiots.

LET'S GO ORANGE. WAR DAMN OTTO. MONSTER DUNKS. I HAVE SPOKEN, NO PANTS. THICKBURGER. SHAKY POTATOES. PEE TROUGHS. AJ LONG WILL SHOW YOU WHAT IT TRULY MEANS TO s e xUALLY UNDERSTAND THE QUARTERBACK POSITION. I HAVE DANNY SCHAYES' AUTOGRAPH AND I ONCE SAW A GAME AT ARCHIBOLD. STEVENSON WOKE UP AT 3AM AND STARTED FREE BASING CONTRABAND MENTOS AND FOUR LOKOS WITH HOBOS AND THEIR PET FERAL TURKEYS, AND IF ANYONE KNOWS A GOOD LAWYER I NEED TO SPEAK WITH THEM ABOUT A LOVE POTION GONE BAD.

#hardnosed #lockthegateevenattheirstadium #butseriousonthatlawyerthing
Dang...I'm mostly here for JarHead's Funny Picture Thread.

I don't see why we can't upset them? Our defense is our strong point going up against there weakness in the offense due to injuries. Our offense has been in a grove lately and has got some swagger back but they're going up against Clemson's D. To me I think whoever wins the battle in the trenches will come out with the victory, big task for our O-line but something they can do.

LET'S GO ORANGE. WAR DAMN OTTO. MONSTER DUNKS. I HAVE SPOKEN, NO PANTS. THICKBURGER. SHAKY POTATOES. PEE TROUGHS. AJ LONG WILL SHOW YOU WHAT IT TRULY MEANS TO s e xUALLY UNDERSTAND THE QUARTERBACK POSITION. I HAVE DANNY SCHAYES' AUTOGRAPH AND I ONCE SAW A GAME AT ARCHIBOLD. STEVENSON WOKE UP AT 3AM AND STARTED FREE BASING CONTRABAND MENTOS AND FOUR LOKOS WITH HOBOS AND THEIR PET FERAL TURKEYS, AND IF ANYONE KNOWS A GOOD LAWYER I NEED TO SPEAK WITH THEM ABOUT A LOVE POTION GONE BAD.

#hardnosed #lockthegateevenattheirstadium #butseriousonthatlawyerthing

Perfect post

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom