I wonder which Syracuse Post-Standard reporter this was? | Syracusefan.com

I wonder which Syracuse Post-Standard reporter this was?

My guess would be Bud. Huge baseball guy that I could see attending that event.

Come on, fellow Utica Devils fans should be allowed to have enlightened discussions that are outside of the controlled media/narrative! :) It helps to think of The Matrix and how less pretty reality is than fairy tales. Im guesing most understand the allegorical context of the movie. I surely didnt watch it for the special effects which are meaningless to me.

BTW, the Wachowski Bothers...err, Wachowskis, recently made Jupiter Ascending, which helps folks think outside the usual narrative as well. I give it a beer glass up!

Last edited:
Come on, fellow Utica Devils fans should be allowed to have enlightened discussions that are outside of the controlled media/narrative! :) It helps to think of The Matrix and how less pretty reality is than fairy tales. Im guesing most understand the allegorical context of the movie. I surely didnt watch it for the special effects which are meaningless to me.

BTW, the Wachowski Bothers...err, Wachowskis, recently made Jupiter Ascending, which helps folks think outside the usual narrative as well. I give it a beer glass up!

I've... umm... never seen The Matrix. Shh! It's on my "to do" list, and has been for like ten years.

Edit: you remembered that I was a Utica guy! :D

Well, Chris Carlson, Mr Positivity for the PS, wrote their story on Manfred's appearance. I would guess he was the one.

ys1u0o3A.jpeg

Linkage

Speaking of perfect games, I hope he does what Selig should have done and reverses the bogus call that cost Tigers pitcher Galarraga his perfect game.

I'll never understand why that wasn't an error. Calling that an error, which is no stretch whatsoever considering it was a pretty routine play, would have salvaged the no hitter. Teams change rulings after games end all the time. Pretty simple stuff these numbskulls couldn't think through? Yeesh.

And Pete Rose should be in the Hall with a notation on his plague about being banned for life due to gambling, also pretty simple solution to that one.

Cap! Quit going away. You are needed here. Also well liked.
From one late night guy to another.

Cap! Quit going away. You are needed here. Also well liked.
From one late night guy to another.

Thanks. If the right people had agreed with you, I'd be more. As for when am able, I remember that my therapist told me to avoid bullies, which would also include the imaginary world of message boards. I think *hamster may have robbed too much of my Chi, and when I come back here I don't have enough in me to fight with bullies who have h**d *ns the size of the carrier dome for me, and who dont have the common courtesy to at least give me a r***h a***nd, like in Full Metal Jacket. I am a member before my time, and proclaim you the king of late night. Be like the Ghost of Tom Joad.

I love this intro from Network, which was about exploitation. I marched with these guys and Veterans Against War to the DNC in 2008. When we arrived, the cops tried to herd us into a cage they had set up which they referred to as the "free speech zone", no joking. Police were decked out in full militarized gear, the largest batons I've ever seen, horses with bullet proof masks... it looked like some totalitarian state. I got some good pictures before it was over, and eventually got away from the WWF arena. I felt more at ease in the mosh pit at Rage than I did around those commies. Anyhow, I hope this will inspire you for the night shift, man. LGO!

PS was it the line about the Wachowskis that made you proclaim that? ;)