I would love to see immediate recruiting direction go to PFs and centers for a while | Syracusefan.com

I would love to see immediate recruiting direction go to PFs and centers for a while

CaliCuse

All American
Dominance or even a threat down low is not happening for this season's team.Coleman is still having problems of going up and finishing for both points and boards Considering his size it seems odd that he would have this problem. I presume that Diagne is never going to wear orange colored unis.

Dominance or even a threat down low is not happening for this season's team.Coleman is still having problems of going up and finishing for both points and boards Considering his size it seems odd that he would have this problem. I presume that Diagne is never going to wear orange colored unis.

Next year's roster will have Chuckwu, Coleman, Lydon, Roberson and Obokoh.

We only have 11 scholarships. How many more scholarships can you devote to big men?? I'm not saying that is the right mix or I see the answer there, but from a numbers standpoint I don't know how we would make another guy work unless we cut a couple of guys loose. I kind of expect more of the same next season because I have the feeling Chuckwu will be the typical big man who is more frustrating than polished. He will probably be a much better alternative on defense than what we have today, but I am not all that optimistic that he will offer much on offense.

Look at the current roster. Full of guards are you telling me we can’t get a Craig Forth Type of player to walk on. The Bigs we currently have are not suitable for the MAC we are Syracuse sick of excuses. If need to become a booster I will.

Look at the current roster. Full of guards are you telling me we can’t get a Craig Forth Type of player to walk on. The Bigs we currently have are not suitable for the MAC we are Syracuse sick of excuses. If need to become a booster I will.

Are you out of your mind? Get a guy who was a 4 year starting 7 footer to walk on?? Do you think those guys grow on trees? How many have we ever had who have walked on, much less walked on and been useful. The gift that was Rony Seikaly excepted.

Are you out of your mind? Get a guy who was a 4 year starting 7 footer to walk on?? Do you think those guys grow on trees? How many have we ever had who have walked on, much less walked on and been useful. The gift that was Rony Seikaly excepted.

There are 14 uncommitted Big Men in the class of 16 we are involved with 1. . We need to cast a bigger net. If Nova can get a capable Big, why can we can get 1 with a ship to give? FIU also got 7 footer in this class

Last edited:
I really forgot his method of playing for JIMBO, THANKS .

We only have 11 scholarships. How many more scholarships can you devote to big men?? I'm not saying that is the right mix or I see the answer there, but from a numbers standpoint I don't know how we would make another guy work unless we cut a couple of guys loose. I kind of expect more of the same next season because I have the feeling Chuckwu will be the typical big man who is more frustrating than polished. He will probably be a much better alternative on defense than what we have today, but I am not all that optimistic that he will offer much on offense.
That list would be far more formidable if Obokoh would learn his position better. Coyle might want to pay for a big man coach which would help the program.Evidently Bernie Fine was far more important as a coach than first thought.

there are at least 2 big guys playing intramurals at SU that could help this team...at least 2

That list would be far more formidable if Obokoh would learn his position better. Coyle might want to pay for a big man coach which would help the program.Evidently Bernie Fine was far more important as a coach than first thought.

LOL.

The staff did a fine job coaching up Christmas.

There are 14 uncommitted Big Men in the class of 16 we are involved with 1. . We need to cast a bigger net. If Nova can get a capable Big, why can we can get 1 with a ship to give? FIU also got 7 footer in this class

Right but that's not the same thing as saying that we should get a "Craig Forth" type to walk on.

BTW...we do have a 7'2" guy in the program right now.

What we need is our recruits to pan out. havent had the best run lately.

What we need is our recruits to pan out. havent had the best run lately.

What we need is the recruits that we are expecting to stay more than 1 or 2 years to actually stay more than one or two years.

Maybe, over the last 10 years we've had probably 3-4 years where we could toss it into the post and expect to get a bucket. Arinze's last couple seasons, Rakeem's senior year, and I think you could say Rick Jackson's senior year. Our bigs take time, no doubt about it. I think you could make a case that the next couple years show promise with Chukwu having the size and Lydon already making his share of baby hooks. Disappointing that Coleman and Roberson don't have post moves after being in the program this long and working alongside R.C. last year. Taurean Thompson whom I've seen in person would also need at least a couple years of development to be a reliable post scorer. Wonder who Hopkins would look at to coach the bigs when he steps into the leading role?

Our only weakness next year is at guard.

I agree, and that's why many of us believe that Howard and Joseph should be getting more minutes. Certainly, most of the focus should be on this year, but working on their development so they can contribute more in years to come would be nice to see.

Well if Joseph stays glued to the bench, that should open another ship after the season. Can't say he has earned any more time with his play when he gets in. The staff must feel based on what they see in practice that he just isn't good enough.

Does anyone know what Chukwu really is? Last year he averaged 2 points and 2 rebs in 10 mpg at Providence. He may help but I don't forsee an all ACC type, at least not next year. Would love to be surprised though.

Does anyone know what Chukwu really is? Last year he averaged 2 points and 2 rebs in 10 mpg at Providence. He may help but I don't forsee an all ACC type, at least not next year. Would love to be surprised though.

A perfect fit for our system, and a hard worker in the weight room who will benefit from having a redshirt year off to mature physically.

A potentially dominant shot blocker / rebounder, who might need some time to refine his offense.

You're questioning the Chukwu?
What.jpg

I think most people are thinking a Chukwu will be a huge defensive help. You surround 7'2" with Lydon, TR, Mal, and Battle and SU is putting out its tallest lineup ever.

It will also give options. One of the reasons given for not pressing has been the lack of a rim protector. Next year we should have better depth (another yr for both KJ2+FH) and Chukwu at the back end. A guy can dream, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo123

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom