I would love to see Severino pitch with a decent lead in the game | Syracusefan.com

I would love to see Severino pitch with a decent lead in the game

CaliCuse

All American
Beltran's muff is understandable butI also think that knowing how to fight off the sun is something that all MLB players have mastered. A combination of glove and throwing hand are used sight and catch the ball along with good sunglasses.Severino gave up a HR to Bautista (sic) He still pitched good game as a 21 year old in a big time game in importance and no offence for him.Some how Cashman needs to add offense this offseason.

Yankees hitters r intentionally not hitting for him. Because they wanna make him earn it.

They have scored 1 run, 1 run when he was in the game, and 1 run.

What else could explain it.

CuseHulk said:
Yankees hitters r intentionally not hitting for him. Because they wanna make him earn it. They have scored 1 run, 1 run when he was in the game, and 1 run. What else could explain it.

Yeah, that's the most plausible explanation.

Because they never have trouble hitting with Tanaka, CC, Nova or Evo on the mound, right.

We're 6-8 this month. Severino has only had 3 starts.

If I had faith that either Tanaka and Pineda could pitch an entire season, I would be super-excited about the future of this starting staff. When healthy, both are among the best in MLB. Eovaldi has shown promise recently, but it is disconcerting that someone with seemingly such good stuff gets so hard.

Much is made of the age of this team, but the pitching staff is rather young. I will give Cashman credit. While there was little he could do about his aging line-up, he has managed to turn-over the pitching staff.

CuseHulk said:
I'm serious. Why r they not hitting with this kid on the mound.

Because they've been playing above their heads for most of the year and have entered a prolonged slump? If a team is intentionally not hitting so that a rookie has to prove himself or something, while being bumrushed in the division race by the hottest team in baseball, the Yankees need to clean out the roster and fire everyone.

Yankees hitters r intentionally not hitting for him. Because they wanna make him earn it.

What else could explain it.
The Yanks are streak hitters this year. They aren't and haven't been consistent The top of the order hasn't been hot since the early season.Ellsbury at the plate seems to be phoning it in.Drew is a FA after the season and you can bet your booty they i.e. Yankee management will NOT be giving him a qualifying offer. If Refsynder gets the ob the Yankees "might try to sign a back up for the job. 'm betting Reffy will be working on his defense hard this off season. Beltran has had a bit of a resurgence so Judge is being blocked for a spot in the OF Bret and Jacoby are rock solid in there.
A-Rod has performed far better than expected but his age will catch up very soon if it hasn't already. His slump may involve fatigue and the loss of reflexes which goes with the increasing age. Maybe Judge sticks next year as another spare outfielder. His defense isn't a question mark in his play Young is going to be here barring a trade. If Young goes Judge comes up.

If Refsynder gets the ob the Yankees "might try to sign a back up for the job.
Pay attention Cali! They traded for next year's back-up at the deadline: Dustin Ackley.

You can't really believe this If there was a whisper of fact or truth to this and it ever got out even the New York Yankees would be run out of the big City.Stuff like this would be impossible to keep secret. Let just go with bad luck at this point in supporting Sevy with runs The odds now are in favor of him getting run support next time he starts.

I'm serious.

Why r they not hitting with this kid on the mound.

Some pitchers just don't get run support, and some get way too much. Look at evaldi, they score a billion runs for him, he is like 12-2 with an era above 4.

Some pitchers just don't get run support, and some get way too much. Look at evaldi, they score a billion runs for him, he is like 12-2 with an era above 4.
Agreed that Eovaldi has had too much considering his performance out there. A pitcher that can deliver consistently in the high to upper 90mph should be able to strike out more batters than he has thus far in his outings. He needs to change lanes more with his fast ball. A cutter or a splitter diving either way out of the hiring zone might be better. Im not sure if he has a decent slider which he should considering his arm strength.