I'd really like to see Wisconsin win it all | Syracusefan.com

I'd really like to see Wisconsin win it all

Eric15

Living Legend
They have a great fanbase in football and basketball but can never seem to get over the hump in either. They are succeeding with program guys, not one-and-dones. Bo Ryan is a excellent coach who doesn't crave attention like many other coaches out there - just an old school hard-nosed guy. And Wisconsin winning wouldn't affect our program's stature or bump them ahead of Syracuse historically by any stretch.

Go Badgers!

Maybe not historically, but it would put them above us over the past 15 years.

SU generally does not compete with B1G schools, either on the recruiting trail or on the playing fields.

Also, it remains to be seen whether Wisconsin will continue to be relevant once Ryan retires--much like SU when JB leaves.

Bo Ryan's consistency has been pretty incredible, made it past the first round every season except one.

2001–02 Wisconsin 19–13 11–5 T–1st NCAA Second Round
2002–03 Wisconsin 24–8 12–4 1st NCAA Sweet Sixteen
2003–04 Wisconsin 25–7 12–4 T–2nd NCAA Second Round
2004–05 Wisconsin 25–9 11–5 3rd NCAA Elite Eight
2005–06 Wisconsin 19–12 9–7 T–4th NCAA First Round
2006–07 Wisconsin 30–6 13–3 2nd NCAA Second Round
2007–08 Wisconsin 31–5 16–2 1st NCAA Sweet Sixteen
2008–09 Wisconsin 20–13 10–8 T–4th NCAA Second Round
2009–10 Wisconsin 24–9 13–5 4th NCAA Second Round
2010–11 Wisconsin 25–9 13–5 3rd NCAA Sweet Sixteen
2011–12 Wisconsin 26–10 12–6 4th NCAA Sweet Sixteen
2012–13 Wisconsin 23–12 12–6 T–4th NCAA Second Round
2013–14 Wisconsin 30–8 12–6 T–2nd NCAA Final Four
2014–15 Wisconsin 33–3 16–2 1st NCAA

My Wisconsin friends and family are getting so excited! I believe Wisconsin is "due" their first national championship, and I think the country would get behind them because they love an underdog (even though they're a 1 seed). I hate it when my secondary teams (Duke, UNC, Louisville) have to play each other. My Carolina friends know that although I will be thrilled for them if they survive and advance, I am pulling a little more for Wisconsin in this one.

Such complicated loyalties have I!

Not sure if Bo Ryan was being facetious,but he said on a radio show the other day that the Wisconsin record in his reign as coach for pounding the ball in a Wisconsin half court set is 9 dribbles (without driving). He said Sam Dekker reached 7 or 8 dribbles as a freshmen and was quickly benched. Pretty impressive stat in terms of how focused they are on ball movement.

I like Wisconsin and they could take it all but my money is on Kentucky.

Literally...I have money on UK so Go Cats or whatever they say down there.

married to a Badger and have become somewhat of a fan in recent years... would be cool to see them get to Indy.
Love Kaminsky's game.

married to a Badger and have become somewhat of a fan in recent years... would be cool to see them get to Indy.
Love Kaminsky's game.

Very nice and agreed on Kaminsky. I like both Wisconsin an Arizona an awful lot. I happen to have Arizona winning it all in my bracket but wouldn't complain at all if 'Sconnie won it all. Fun team to watch. They don't turn it over, don't foul, and can win playing any style.

I think undefeated Kentucky makes it all interesting, I'd like to see Huggins win it all but Kentucky is just too good. I do enjoy watching Kentucky play, it's quite crazy what they've built over there. Would love to see a Duke/UK final, I'm curious to see what Okafor can do against UK.

Will be interesting to see how they do with UNC's size - specifically with their propensity to hit the offensive glass

My experience with Wisconsin fans has been less than stellar

My long-time significant other (sadly, no longer with us) was a Wisconsin native, Wisconsin grad and huge Badger fan. I have to root for the Badgers.

I would like to see anyone but UK! For $$ reasons , have Duke in a season long pool, rooting blue devils. God it hurts to say that out loud

Reactions: cto
My long-time significant other (sadly, no longer with us) was a Wisconsin native, Wisconsin grad and huge Badger fan. I have to root for the Badgers.

This takes a 30 seconds to watch. Neat! Sports so much is about tribal connection.

"Varsity. Varsity. U rah rah, Wisconsin! Praise to thee we sing.
Praise to thee, our Alma Mater.
U rah rah, Wi-i-i-scah-han-son."

I miss WisCONsin. Everyone there talks like me!

To be honest anyone but Kentucky. Would be amazing for them to set the all time record for best start to a season and NOT win it all. Just like the pats vs the Giants! I still randomly chant 18-1 when I'm around my overly obnoxious pats friends haha.

I really don't like Bo Ryan, so I hope they lose. Plus, I think for college hoops to improve we need the entertaining styles to prevail in the tourney.