If Breanna Stewart is a non factor can Cuse women win | Syracusefan.com

If Breanna Stewart is a non factor can Cuse women win

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
I'm not an expert on Yukon women's basketball but we know they are very good. I'm guessing the best way for Cuse to have a shot is to totally take Stewart out of play. And I don't really mean pull a Jeff Gilooley on her. I don't know if Syracuse is physical enough to body up on Stewart and cause her to be ineffective. I would guess for the last four years, different teams have tried different approaches. It makes it interesting to see what approach Q will take. I know Cuse has a pretty good offensive team but even in everyone's wildest dreams, would they think they can just outscore Yukon. It would take a bunch of three pointers made for that. Should be interesting.

I'm not an expert on Yukon women's basketball but we know they are very good. I'm guessing the best way for Cuse to have a shot is to totally take Stewart out of play. And I don't really mean pull a Jeff Gilooley on her. I don't know if Syracuse is physical enough to body up on Stewart and cause her to be ineffective. I would guess for the last four years, different teams have tried different approaches. It makes it interesting to see what approach Q will take. I know Cuse has a pretty good offensive team but even in everyone's wildest dreams, would they think they can just outscore Yukon. It would take a bunch of three pointers made for that. Should be interesting.
If Stewart didn't show up, with the injury to the UConn center, it would be a good game. But I suspect she will make her way to the court.

Gilooley is the only way we win! :)
Serious, really need to come out and frustrate them, get the ball out of Nancy Kerigan's hands, then anything can happen!

We have to turn them over. No idea if we can. And we have to shoot a high % from 3...

If they can easily break the press, it is going to be a very long night.

The way Syracuse plays, they could keep it close (10 possessions or so) or lose by 50 or 60.

We'll never know, but I wonder if she would have come if she was coming out of HS next year

Agreed. If you haven't seen them play, this game might not be the perfect game to watch - but they are fearless. Peterson at PG is awesome. Little Johnny Flynn in her game. Brittany Sykes is a crafty slasher - and Butler can shoot lights out. Very fast release.

Hope she's not sniffen deuces tonight

We have to turn them over. No idea if we can. And we have to shoot a high % from 3...

If they can easily break the press, it is going to be a very long night.

Well, this is a pretty bad 3 pt shooting team so...

Not being able to jump really limits what you can do in the lane.

UConn been called for a foul yet?

That writer caught flack for saying this last week but, for real, how can this be good for their sport?

This is the first time I've ever watched more than one Women's game in a row and I have zero interest to ever watch again as long as there a WNBA team playing in WCBB.

Not being able to jump really limits what you can do in the lane.

UConn been called for a foul yet?

Its so one sided. We leave our feet and refs are calling fouls even without contact. We would still be getting killed cause they've made more shots but we literally aren't being allowed to defend

Serious question. Why is inside the three point line another brick in the wall? (Still looks cool though)
Thanks in advance!

Serious question. Why is inside the three point line another brick in the wall? (Still looks cool though)
Thanks in advance!

Indianapolis 500, the "Brickyard." :)

Last edited:
The number of uncontested looks is amazing both ways. One crossover and you will almost always have an open jumper.

I thought it was easy to tell, after about the first 5-6 possessions, that UConn has a lot more than just Stewart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom