If ennis came back | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If ennis came back

Wait, so no one is thinking that Ennis and Joseph could have also played minutes together? I mean for all the threads about Cooney's struggles, and SU's inability to handle pressure, people should not overlook that aspect.

It would also have allowed Gbinije to start at the 3, which seems to be his best position. I think Ennis would have a much bigger impact on this team than Grant...although of course this team could use CJ the most from last year's team.

Too few possessions per game for any teams seems to water down whatever advantages any team seemingly had. It all harkens back to the old Ivy League strategies against monster teams. That's why low scoring teams (for whatever reason) almost never win it all. Just a theory.

With Ennis, Grant and a healthy DC2, the team this year would likely be top 5. Not as good as Kentucky and Duke but right after them.

Not sure top five. But with Ennis we are fighting for the top ten. He saw the floor soooo much better than Joseph. Cooney isn't getting easy looks at all right now, partially because Joseph doesn't get him the ball at the right time. Joseph will learn with experience, but that facet came natural to Ennis.

Its tough to tell what gets me about this team is in the acc they are a top 4 frontcourt, but probably a bottom four backcourt. That leaves a big unbalence. As of right now anyway.

Adding a true veteran pg though in ennis would really help this team out, and that would have let Joseph play 3rd guard scoring/pg combo. All of that probably would have pushed G to forward full time as well, especially with his strength. Not to mention Ennis can score and would have been a much better shooter as a soph imo. But best of all ennis would have given us a leader in the backcourt. OUr backcourt needs to figure out who the leader is and fast, need to have atleast one in the backcourt and one in the paint. We have 2 in the paint.

With Ennis, Grant and a healthy DC2, the team this year would likely be top 5. Not as good as Kentucky and Duke but right after them.

If we had all three of those I think we are as good as anyone imo. Grant and ennis would have gotten better and McCullough would be even better come march. Not only that WE would have gave any of our past teams a run for the money with that squad imo. Jumpshooting would have to get better though.

You'd need a large stomach!

Full moon bro

beerbelly.jpg

You'd need a large stomach!

This probably provides a good motto for how they need to approach this daunting season: "How do you eat a moon made of spare ribs? One bite at a time."

We would be a better team with Grant back than with Ennis back. The 3-spot is quite a hole right now.

He didn't

One and done in the NBA too! It's kind of surprising how much his draft stock dropped at the end. It's going to be a long climb out of the D-League. I think MCW staying one extra year paid HUGE dividends!

Grant leaving early hurt more than Ennis. The combination together is brutal as the returning chemistry would be a huge asset early in the year. I think the ability of Ennis/Kaleb playing together during short stints would have made for a nice lineup combo to utilize. Overall though, if Grant was able to have a full off-season illness/injury free he could have come back and had a big year. Defensively we would be better and even stronger on the boards. Without him now its Rak in a new role, Cmac and then the mixed bag that is Tyler/BJ/G.

Top 20 sweet 16 type team for sure. It would have depended on how much his perimeter shooting had improved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom