Class of 2015 - If Gbinije and Cooney graduate over the summer... | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 If Gbinije and Cooney graduate over the summer...

orangefan13 said:
is there anyway that could open Bryants scholorship? Just Curious if there is someway that could work out. Wonder How does that work in Raks case as he graduated over the summer as well.

Only if they take their degree and leave. They remain on scholarship as long as they are in a graduate program and taking I believe 12 credit hours.

Interesting question. Both are in their 4th year and probably have the credits they need. Another year probably doesn't improve their NBA prospects. But we are very young again next year if both do not come back.

I expect and obviously want both to come back, I meant it in terms of gbinije and cooney both returning.

The more I watch Cuse basketball the more I am in favor of kids redshirting. Imagine this team with another year of CJ, or last years team with another year of Southerland. We will be thankful to have another year of cooney and gbinije next year

If G or Cooney take their degree and leave I will honestly cry like a baby. You guys haven't seen meltdown yet.

The more I watch Cuse basketball the more I am in favor of kids redshirting. Imagine this team with another year of CJ, or last years team with another year of Southerland. We will be thankful to have another year of cooney and gbinije next year

Why would CJ have redshirted? He was a pretty big part that year.

No kid wants to do that.

Why would CJ have redshirted? He was a pretty big part that year.

No kid wants to do that.

CJ isn't a good example, but BJ Johnson and Bus Patterson are going to be people we wish redshirted as Freshman when their senior years roll around

CJ isn't a good example, but BJ Johnson and Bus Patterson are going to be people we wish redshirted as Freshman when their senior years roll around
not really we have recruited better players at their positions and more are on the way

they could take their degrees and transfer to a school that doesn't offer a grad program that is at SU. I don't see this happening though.
Never heard of a returning starter on a big time team doing it.

Rather JB have convos with other schollies not playing. It's a dashonte Riley type convo.

Major question marks at center for next year. Coleman returning at 100% is no guarantee. Obokoh developing into a valuable back up is a longer shot. Losing the year of eligibility is a major blow to the kid. Can he be counted on for next year? Was he a wasted scholarship? We don't see him in practice every day so jury is still out on that one. Getting Bryant would be a major plus although the PF recruit could probably play that position although I've not heard that in any discussions about next year.

Major question marks at center for next year. Coleman returning at 100% is no guarantee. Obokoh developing into a valuable back up is a longer shot. Losing the year of eligibility is a major blow to the kid. Can he be counted on for next year? Was he a wasted scholarship? We don't see him in practice every day so jury is still out on that one. Getting Bryant would be a major plus although the PF recruit could probably play that position although I've not heard that in any discussions about next year.
The PF recruit is Diagne. He could play the C spot in a pinch, in the same way Jerami Grant could. He'd be capable, but is a much, much better option on the wing. I would expect (assuming we don't get Bryant of course) Diagne would play as many minutes at the 5 as Chris is going to play this year.

Cooney and G are going to be great next year and the team will need their scoring and experience especially with Christmas moving on. We have no idea what will happen with Chris and obviously all wish him the best. Chris was where the spot was coming from and if he is back then its going to have to be a transfer which really only leaves 3 options and one makes absolutely no sense as he played with Bryant in highschool.

Small sample size but in my opinion no way Obokoh becomes a started here ever, his ceiling is 7 to 10 mins and five fouls. Hope he proves me wrong if he has a hand in bringing TB here then I am all for it though.

Small sample size but in my opinion no way Obokoh becomes a started here ever, his ceiling is 7 to 10 mins and five fouls. Hope he proves me wrong if he has a hand in bringing TB here then I am all for it though.

If he is ever a starter we are either in dire straights or he's made Rak like improvements 2 years in a row. I think he can do better than you suggest but certainly he is a career back-up big.

Cooney and G are going to be great next year and the team will need their scoring and experience especially with Christmas moving on. We have no idea what will happen with Chris and obviously all wish him the best. Chris was where the spot was coming from and if he is back then its going to have to be a transfer which really only leaves 3 options and one makes absolutely no sense as he played with Bryant in highschool.

exactly. We have 2 5th year senior leaders. Good kids who work hard! How invaluable is that!

This is such a funny question from the op.

Maybe trev or gbinje's parents will be very generous and agree to pay the cost of tuition!!!

Honestly, unless Buss or BJ transfer... i dont see us getting Bryant. There is just no way Chris leaves now. He was 100% out the door, but now it would be foolish to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom