If I own the Bengals, the coach is fired today. | Syracusefan.com

If I own the Bengals, the coach is fired today.

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
The lack of discipline was apalling. I would also trade the idiot LB. (still not sure what Pac Man did.)

Should Pitt fire their HC? I find lack of control over assts being even worse. You had one Pitt asst go on the field and grab a Cincy player (by the hair?) and another on the field during the hoopla that wasn't supposedly allowed out there and was possibly talking crap to Cincy players.

Last edited:
Should Pitt fire their HC? I find lack of control over assts being even worse. You had one Pitt asst go on the field and grab a Cincy player (by the hair?) and another on the field during the hoopla that wasn't supposedly allowed out there and was possibly talking crap to Cincy players.
One is a serial problem.

Tomlin has a sb, Lewis is 0-7 in the playoffs. Lets face it the Bengals are never going to get over the hump with this guy, its time for a change.

It kind of goes back to one of the old hypotheticals on this board: Would you take 9 years of sanctions for one National Championship. The Bengals ran a clean ship for about 15 years. They also didn't make the playoffs for that span.

Briancuse said:
Tomlin has a sb, Lewis is 0-7 in the playoffs. Lets face it the Bengals are never going to get over the hump with this guy, its time for a change.

That wasn't the discussion. The post was about firing him because of his players behavior. I find coaches bad behavior to be less tolerable.

That wasn't the discussion. The post was about firing him because of his players behavior. I find coaches bad behavior to be less tolerable.

You don't fire sb winning coaches because his players were a little chippy during a rivalry game. The Steelers actions weren't nearly as bad as what the Bengals did.

Briancuse said:
You don't fire sb winning coaches because his players were a little chippy during a rivalry game. The Steelers actions weren't nearly as bad as what the Bengals did.

Coaches should be held to a MUCH higher standard. I'm not defending the bengals players but they're out there getting their heads beat in and feeling the heat of the moment. There is literally NO excuse for coaches behaving like that. The HC is responsible for his players but he's also responsible for his coaches actions too.

One behavior could have caused death or paralysis and was a totally selfish and criminal act. The other was a supervisor getting too emotional over the former.

Capt. Tuttle said:
One behavior could have caused death or paralysis and was a totally selfish and criminal act. The other was a supervisor getting too emotional over the former.

Again, I'm not defending the bengals players action, not one bit. They cost themselves the game and the HC needs to be held accountable. But Pitt had more than just that one coach incident. In the first half they got a 15 yard penalty for a coach going on the field and grabbing a player, supposedly grabbing his hair. HC is responsible for those behaviors too

Disagree. Dalton got hurt. Everyone knew they were going nowhere after that. With Dalton, different story.

Dalton has been terrible in the playoffs, hes not Tom Brady, its time for the Bengals to move on.

Dalton has been terrible in the playoffs, hes not Tom Brady, its time for the Bengals to move on.

True, but Dalton was also a significantly better player this year than he was in any other season.

True, but Dalton was also a significantly better player this year than he was in any other season.

McCarron played pretty well, put his team in position to win the game.

How Porter escaped without a penalty is beyond me - I'm still not sure what Jones did that warranted one more than Porter. Especially since the rules don't allow Porter to go on the field.

The officials blew this one up as someone else said with the Bernard play.

All that being said, Lewis should be fired. But because he's stuck in neutral, not for losing control of his team.

Ghost said:
How Porter escaped without a penalty is beyond me - I'm still not sure what Jones did that warranted one more than Porter. Especially since the rules don't allow Porter to go on the field. The officials blew this one up as someone else said with the Bernard play. All that being said, Lewis should be fired. But because he's stuck in neutral, not for losing control of his team.

Lewis would be another victim of the top-down League success directive.

Which is why there is so much angst in the League right now.

It's NOT a level playing field

image-2094487128.jpg

What about that "Touchdown" by Bryant. No way in heel was that a catch.

Ghost said:
Context? What's that showing us? * Edit - Okay, looked it up...lolol Steelers get cut a lot of slack by the officials.

Point being, two instances of out if control asst coaches on the steelers. If Lewis should be let go for not having his players under control (2 of them), the Tomlin should be let go for not having his assts under control, which IMO is worse.

Point being, two instances of out if control asst coaches on the steelers. If Lewis should be let go for not having his players under control (2 of them), the Tomlin should be let go for not having his assts under control, which IMO is worse.

People are talking about Lewis losing his job because he is 0-7 in the playoffs, and this pattern of behavior is typical for the Bengals, its never been a problem with the Steelers before.

Briancuse said:
People are talking about Lewis losing his job because he is 0-7 in the playoffs, and this pattern of behavior is typical for the Bengals, its never been a problem with the Steelers before.

Based on record they can do what they want. But most of the talk here and elsewhere has been player behavior in that game.

How Porter escaped without a penalty is beyond me - I'm still not sure what Jones did that warranted one more than Porter. Especially since the rules don't allow Porter to go on the field.

The officials blew this one up as someone else said with the Bernard play.

All that being said, Lewis should be fired. But because he's stuck in neutral, not for losing control of his team.

Considering what Tomlin has done in the past, there really should be a much bigger penalty for the Steelers coming up.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ined-100k-pittsburgh-steelers-face-loss-picks

Hate to say, but if this was the Patriots, we'd all be saying they were cheaters, etc. Steelers coaches need to be smacked down hard for these actions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom