If JB's suspension timeline hadn't changed | Syracusefan.com

If JB's suspension timeline hadn't changed

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
How different would this season have been? Do we get out of pre-conference 12-1? Do we roll Wake?Win at Duke?

Early suspension definitely better but curious what people think actual record or change would be?

I personally tink they would have been fine. MH is a good coach and after the inital bumpy period they would have recovered and started playing well. JB has an impact no doubt, but the and they may have been NIT bound. But no disater by any means.

no chance they win at duke with hopkins. i think they lose at gtown even with boeheim.

How different would this season have been? Do we get out of pre-conference 12-1? Do we roll Wake?Win at Duke?

Early suspension definitely better but curious what people think actual record or change would be?

I am one who wonders if the suspension actually wasn't good for him and the team. With JB not having any access to the team, he was able to watch the games on tv and objectively look at the team perform. MH was doing as he was instructed to do, and JB also saw how that wasn't working as well. He had plenty of time to formulate a turnaround plan. I really don't know if the suspension had come at the start of conference play how many games we actually would have won. I wonder if those flaws JB has worked on cleaning up would actually still be there.

I am one who wonders if the suspension actually wasn't good for him and the team. With JB not having any access to the team, he was able to watch the games on tv and objectively look at the team perform. MH was doing as he was instructed to do, and JB also saw how that wasn't working as well. He had plenty of time to formulate a turnaround plan. I really don't know if the suspension had come at the start of conference play how many games we actually would have won. I wonder if those flaws JB has worked on cleaning up would actually still be there.

The thing that has impressed me the most is I feel like we turned the corner on rebounding. It won't ever be a strength of this team, but we seem to at least hang with our opponents.

Before JB's returns against UNC we got crushed or defeated handily on the boards against Wiscy (-26), Pitt (-18), ST. John's (-14), Bonaventure (-10) and A&M (-8).

Since JB's return we outrebounded UNC who I was expecting to punish us on the glass and have only been outrebounded by UVA (-3) and GaTech (-5) and those weren't terrible margins.

Please let's hope the NCAA doesn't see this post. They may decide to "help" us again!

I think it defiantly lit a fire under JB. I dont remember seeing him so animated in the past, and his energy seems to be inspiring the players.

Also, I think those 9 games will ultimately help coach Hop when he takes over. Hes always been on the sidelines watching but now that hes had the chance to be the head guy I'm sure there's certain details hes paying more attention to now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom