If Stanton is worth $325M . . . | Syracusefan.com

If Stanton is worth $325M . . .

The money in baseball, and sports in general, is stupid.

Never been impressed with the intelligence of MLB team owners.

When a reporter asked Joe D what he would be making today (before he died) and he said, "I don't know. I think I would just walk into Steinbrenner's office and say howdy partner."

As crazy as the money is, I'd rather see the players get it than the owners.

Trout is great, but put Stanton in the Angels line up and see what numbers he puts up.
Trout's defense stands by itself

Trout took a home town discount because the Angels overpaid Pujols and Hamilton. He took the money now and will still get a huge payday when he gets to FA at age 28.

Giancarlo made the Marlins overpay in terms of years because of their cheapskate past. 13 years for any player is ridiculous even Mike Trout now at age 23. If Trout didn't take the 144 million dollar security deal he could have 16 year 400 million dollar based on this Stanton deal.

However, Trout stopped running as much this year as his first 2 years. It was smart because of how valuable he is and his power, OBP, defense are all elite so running for 30 SB and risking injury wasnt worth it.

If Trout didn't take the money from the Angels and honestly nobody would ever decline 144 million dollars he probably could have gotten close to 500 million from his hometown NY Yankees as a 25-26 year old FA.

Trout's getting $144M for 6, but it's back loaded - $33.25 for each of the final 3 seasons. Assuming he stays injury free and gets a raise on that, say for an average of $40M to the age of 38 (Stanton's contract runs to that age) , and that's another $360M . . . making him a half billion dollar man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom