If there are major violations and sanctions | Syracusefan.com

If there are major violations and sanctions

Capt. Tuttle said:
which are coach related, should JB be fired? What would we say about any other coach with 2 such marks on his record?

Don't open that can of worms.

I would tell the ncaa to take a flying ... Do something with the power football issues first then come talk to me

Agreed. Very hypocritical enforcement, plus the overtly shady methods they use for data collection, certainly calls into question any rulings they make.

Given that PSU--for covering up child rape--had their sanctions eliminated after a mere two years, I wouldn't even be accepting of a one-year postseason ban if I were SU officials. I'd make sure that whatever penalties we incur are proportionally commensurate to the NCAAs cop out with PSU, and fight like hell legally to undermine their weak case.

Last edited:
which are coach related, should JB be fired? What would we say about any other coach with 2 such marks on his record?
What "such marks" exactly?

After the fiasco with Miami, North Carolina, and Penn St, the NCAA, can Kiss themselves where the sun doesn't shine. I wouldn't except any penalties at all, unless North Carolina gets banished in football, and basketball for a minimum of 2 years. When you create bogus classes, which the Athletes never attended, and nothing happens.

In response to your question.... Absolutely NO... and he would not be. Jim Boeheim is Syracuse... the school... and the community. Whatever inadvertent sloppiness may or may not happened three years ago.... pales in comparison to all the egregious acts of commission at other schools.

After the fiasco with Miami, North Carolina, and Penn St, the NCAA, can Kiss themselves where the sun doesn't shine. I wouldn't except any penalties at all, unless North Carolina gets banished in football, and basketball for a minimum of 2 years. When you create bogus classes, which the Athletes never attended, and nothing happens.

Well, that isn't what happened at UNC. Last I checked, taking independent studies courses is not a violation. If it is, a lot more schools than UNC are in trouble.

First of all, I don't think JB is stupid enough to do something wrong willfully. Therefore, if any violations are found, I doubt that he will be affected.

Need to apply the Aaron Rogers approach here... RELAX. Chances are they are level 2 violations and since there is absolutely nothing we can do about it and we aren't certain it's going to cause any substantive hardship on the program longterm...why be overly concerned about this now? It's been in the works for several years.

Flacusian said:
Need to apply the Aaron Rogers approach here... RELAX. Chances are they are level 2 violations and since there is absolutely nothing we can do about it and we aren't certain it's going to cause any substantive hardship on the program longterm...why be overly concerned about this now? It's been in the works for several years.

And worst case, JB loses some wins, we miss a post season and a couple scholarships. With respect to JB's wins, we aren't idiot PSU fans and we won't walk around with 999 forever shirts. And missing one year didn't hurt uconn. Also, violations and penalties don't mean what they used to. They're not a scarlet letter like they were 20 years ago. They're actually a reason to rally behind the banner and stick with the program.

We won't be that good this year. If we miss a post season this is the one I'd choose. Then come back and f*** the NCAA as hard as we can.

Last edited:
Capt. Tuttle said:
after Cal picked up his second, he was given a raise and promotion. Hopefully Boeheim just wants a raise.

I know, but what exactly are the violations?

Two of the things I recall is that the players would get free haircuts and get comped dinners on Sundays at the old Grimaldi's on Erie Blvd.

Two of the things I recall is that the players would get free haircuts and get comped dinners on Sundays at the old Grimaldi's on Erie Blvd.
If this is about free haircuts...

Holy crap. That would be the funniest violation ever.

I'm guessing this violation has to do with academic support staff (tutors) doing school work for players. Probably surfaced with Fab and when they took a closer look found out it was more widespread. Didn't they fire the guy in charge of the academic support services suddenly last year? That would amount to "lack of institutional control" an NCAA favorite because if the coaches and AD didn't know it was going on they should have. Could be pretty stiff penalties or since the school already has taken steps to ensure it cannot happen again, the penalties could be less severe. Like I said, it's a guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom