If this mock draft comes to fruition, the Tylers could be roommates in NYC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If this mock draft comes to fruition, the Tylers could be roommates in NYC

Maybe Robey can be the next Dennis Rodman? A guy with no offensive skills who becomes a rebounding savant.

I doubt it because the NBA is so different now, Robey doesn't have Rodman's bball IQ and doesn't have his 100% commitment to getting every single rebound.

There is no chance Robey gets drafted and I can't see him making a D League team either. If he was 19 years old, then it could be possible, but not as a 22 year old with no offensive ability. I hope the kid can have a long, successful overseas career if he chooses that path.

This thread has created the most confusing bet of all time.

Whether or not Roberson gets drafted, be sure to watch your wallet on draft night.

This thread has created the most confusing bet of all time.

Whether or not Roberson gets drafted, be sure to watch your wallet on draft night.

Im confused as well. First he said he meant the other direction, now two days later he says deal? He has either been drinking again or has a time machine that can only move back and forth in this thread

Come draft day, no sane NBA GM would burn a draft pick on an erratic four year player with such a limited skill set.
Ummm Dennis Rodman

Im confused as well. First he said he meant the other direction, now two days later he says deal? He has either been drinking again or has a time machine that can only move back and forth in this thread

Lol, it was a long day when I posted them was on no sleep today when I did it again.

I'm willing to bet Roberson doesn't get drafted and will give 100-1 odds.

Ummm Dennis Rodman

Games changed a bit in the 30 years since Rodman was drafted.

Rodman was an ELITE defender as well, Roberson isn't a 10th of the defend Rodman is and that's not a knock on Robey.

Exactly. You don't do what he did in college and the NBA without bringing it every night. Any comparison to Roberson is ludicrous.

Dennis Rodman Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

Yup. People forget Rodman was even a double figure NBA scorer on a great team early in his career too. Roberson is nowhere near Rodman. That guy was on another level. There literally hasn't been another player like him, that's on that level.

Lydon shouldn't even be considering the Nba right now, he still has a lot of work to do.
Please. Don't go on a crusade like you did with Richardson. Lydon will be off to NBA after this season, as he should be.

Please. Don't go on a crusade like you did with Richardson. Lydon will be off to NBA after this season, as he should be.
He really should work on making all of his shots not just 10-13 (or whatever).

Yup. People forget Rodman was even a double figure NBA scorer on a great team early in his career too. Roberson is nowhere near Rodman. That guy was on another level. There literally hasn't been another player like him, that's on that level.
I don't think there is a good comp to Rodman in the history of professional basketball.

I don't think there is a good comp to Rodman in the history of professional basketball.
Bill Russell is the closest I can think of.

Bill Russell is the closest I can think of.
In terms of inate rebounding ability they were similar, but Russell was a tremendous leaper and shot blocker (unfortunately blocks were not an official statistic in his time) and did it as a center going up against guys like Chamberlain, Thurmond, Reed, Lucas and Bellamy almost every night.

Last edited:
Rodman led the NBA in rebounding every year he wanted to, guarded everybody from Larry Bird to Shaq, and was a main player on 5 champions, and we still get Tyler Roberson comparisions to him on here. LOL. Love Roberson, but cmon...

Rodman led the NBA in rebounding every year he wanted to, guarded everybody from Larry Bird to Shaq, and was a main player on 5 champions, and we still get Tyler Roberson comparisions to him on here. LOL. Love Roberson, but cmon...
It's not comparisons to Rodman's success or ability. It's a comparison to the type of player Roberson would have to be to play in the NBA. His only shot is to become an animal like Rodman was on the glass/defensively and just make rebounding his lone focus. It's not going to happen, at least anywhere near the level of Rodman. But he's not making the NBA based on any offensive skills, we know that. In all likelihood (99.9%), Robey will never play a minute in the NBA.

It's not comparisons to Rodman's success or ability. It's a comparison to the type of player Roberson would have to be to play in the NBA. His only shot is to become an animal like Rodman was on the glass/defensively and just make rebounding his lone focus. It's not going to happen, at least anywhere near the level of Rodman. But he's not making the NBA based on any offensive skills, we know that. In all likelihood (99.9%), Robey will never play a minute in the NBA.

I hear you. But it's not like that's a choice where he can just flip a switch. It's a skill. That's a bit like using Reggie Miller or something, as Andrew White's NBA blueprint.

Kenneth Farried (sp?) is whom he should have developed into. Oh wellz.