If we were eligible, Lunardi's response | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If we were eligible, Lunardi's response

You're right...that is a great racket he's got.
His salary with ESPN is $17,000 per year. Not that great a gig. Although he makes money elsewhere as well

Actually agree with Lunardi but his act grew tired for me a long time ago. he has no more special insight than any other serious college hoop fan.

Jake said:
Someone needs to create the twitter handle "JoeLunardisHairpiece". That thing looks like it's made out of molded crisco.

Need a worse toupee than Lunardi's thread. May be a short one.

His salary with ESPN is $17,000 per year. Not that great a gig. Although he makes money elsewhere as well
I know guys who work out of their mom's basement who make more money than that . . . . oh wait . . . .

If we had been in the hunt the thing that would have hurt us yesterday is 2 mid conference schools getting huge wins on the road at their premier game of the season. They were just sitting on the outside per the matrix, and would now both be in. Given they have less games against top teams those wins were huge.

BYU wins at Gonzaga
Boise St wins at San Diego St

Really? We wouldn't be a tourney team with wins over Louisville and at Notre Dame, and a 9-6 ACC record so far? That seems specious at best.

losses to a terrible Cal, a blah Michigan, and a fellow bubbler St. John's in OOC

Our head-2-head record against bubble teams would drag us down significantly.

0-4 against Pitt, St Johns, and Miami would not sit well, even with the Louisville/ND upsets.

Initially I thought 1 more win including the ACC tourney would be enough with how weak the bubble is, but BYU pretty much stole a spot with that upset of the Zags, assuming they are able to make the WCC final.

and yet he has, for example, Mich St as a 7 seed. look at their resume. just look at it.
I would put MSU in right now, but a 7 is absurd. Wondering if they got bumped a spot or two due to conference restrictions

Mich St has 0 wins vs RPI top 25 and is 3-11 vs top 50. Best win is @ Iowa or home over Ohio St.

7 seed???

Our resume would be one to seriously look at; the Notre Dame win is huge. Louisville home is real solid, but it's not looking quite as good with no Chris Jones. Iowa looks like a pretty decent team as well, so we'd have 3 wins over tourny teams, with only one at home, but after that...

If you look at Ken Pom, our 4th best win is La tech at home, followed by Ga Tech (81) on the road. We have 9 ACC wins, which is pretty solid, but incredibly, only 3 of them are in the KP t op 100. Michigan and Cal aren't exactly good losses.

Then I look at the Michigan State resume, they won @ Iowa, which is obviously better than Iowa on a neutral. They beat Ohio State at home, which is roughly equal to Louisville. But they have nothing close to our win @ ND. They don't even have a ton of top 100 wins, but more than us. And a lot of very strong losses which props up their RPI. Feels like the 7 seed is too high.

If we were tourny eligible then the loss @Nova would probably be keeping me up at least 4 nights a week.

Our resume would be one to seriously look at; the Notre Dame win is huge. Louisville home is real solid, but it's not looking quite as good with no Chris Jones. Iowa looks like a pretty decent team as well, so we'd have 3 wins over tourny teams, with only one at home, but after that...

If you look at Ken Pom, our 4th best win is La tech at home, followed by Ga Tech (81) on the road. We have 9 ACC wins, which is pretty solid, but incredibly, only 3 of them are in the KP t op 100. Michigan and Cal aren't exactly good losses.

Then I look at the Michigan State resume, they won @ Iowa, which is obviously better than Iowa on a neutral. They beat Ohio State at home, which is roughly equal to Louisville. But they have nothing close to our win @ ND. They don't even have a ton of top 100 wins, but more than us. And a lot of very strong losses which props up their RPI. Feels like the 7 seed is too high.

If we were tourny eligible then the loss @Nova would probably be keeping me up at least 4 nights a week.
yeah I'm not saying Mich St shouldn't be in at all, but their body of work resembles a last-four-in alot more than it resembles a 7 seed

Not to mention that Texas Southern debacle at home...our resume may be weak but we don't have a loss like that.

I think it does matter if we are PERCEIVED as a tourney team this year . If we aren't, the NCAA is more apt to tack on another post season ban year because they would be thinking "well, they self imposed a ban in a year they weren't going to make the tourney, so lets add another".

I truly believe those ass hats think that way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom