If you could choose, would you prefer 30 wins and sweet 16 or 14 losses + Final 4? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

If you could choose, would you prefer 30 wins and sweet 16 or 14 losses + Final 4?

packed dome is much better for recruiting. besides you're still only talkin' a final 4 every 8 years. give me the w's.

Cap Cap
Cliffs of Behavior(click for epicness!!!)

That's my favorite.

Man, thank you for that. I came on here like I often do...but enough about that, I am so glad I saw this! Even when I saw the title"Cliffs of Behavior". I had no memory of it. You made me a happy guy, and from it not having previously been "liked" by me like the rest, I am guessing that may have been the first time I read Cuseregular's post that the thread was meaningful to him and the story of his screen name, which made me feel grand. I may have never seen that without your aid.

Cuseseattle, I wish I could high five you. That reminded me that I'm capable of much better than my recent rubbish... I'd like to get it back man. I hope I didn't offend you with my post about The Passion, and I'd like to get some of the passion back. Will you support Groo The (Happy) Wanderer on his quest to get his mojo back!?!? I'm serious, I dont want to be like Boeheim, I want to get back in form before it's too late!

Man, there's probably some lesson in this about how much we do that we forget, and there's so many ways we could look at it, like it's worthless I suppose, but I was stoked and want to buy you a beer sometime if I ever see you in what the hipsters call real life.

iu

Last edited:
I want 30 win seasons AND final fours dammit But if I have to choose one it is final fours...march glory feels SO good.

This might've been mentioned already, but I'll take a season like the 09-10 season with Wes over our Final Four seasons since then. That team was special and it was fun watching practically every game they played. The MCW team and last season's team combined for about 10 fun games, most of which came in the NCAAT.

Generally speaking, though, I'd prefer the Final Four. A Sweet 16 team would only get preference if the team was otherwise awesome but held back due to something other than playing poorly (like injury or suspensions).

this is like asking would you rather your football team go 14-2 but lose in the afc/nfc championship game, or go 9-7 and squeak in as a wild card and go to the super bowl. theres only 1 answer, u want the team that goes to the final 4 and the super bowl!

The MCW team had everything we need to win a NC.
1 elite college guard MCW
1 good complementary guard Triche
1 good mid range scorer Fair
1 elite shooter Southerland
1 elite middle defender BMK

Sub forward for either wing Grant
Bench guard for depth Cooney
Backup big Christmas

This team had it all but our offensive philosophy of NBA Iso ball KILLED THIS TEAM.
If we had better offensive sets by about 10% this team should have cut down the nets with how elite and suffocating this D was.

My frustration comes from the fact I just think we leave potential on the table. Last year was the first time we maxed out what we had.
Last year's team was not a final four team but they maxed out.
2013 our offensive half court offense killed us.
2010 was just an injury and the fact Matt Howard out toughed us.
The 2010 team plays Duke for the title if we don't melt a 4 point lead with 3:30 left to Butler.

I wasn't mad at the 2012 loss to Ohio State.
That Buckeye team had been top 10 all season long and as was a borderline 1 seed.
We played a 1 vs. 2 and lost.
2010, 2011 and 2013, 2014 hurt so much more.

Maxing out when you get your shot is what you have to do.
It sucks for JB he should have more than 1 NC.

That team would have beat Duke... Like, by a lot.
Yeah Lance Thomas, Brian Zubiek, Jon Scheyer, and Kyle Sillinger don't exactly scare me.

We had a chitty first half against Butler and came back. We had the ball and a 4 point lead going into the under 4 TO.
Mack stole the inbounds after the TO was fouled and we melted down.
That is the hidden hardest bad loss of the JB era.
We win that game we play a double OT tired Kansas State team.
5 seed mediocre Michigan State team in the Final
lFour.
Weak 1 seed Duke team.

Yeah Lance Thomas, Brian Zubiek, Jon Scheyer, and Kyle Sillinger don't exactly scare me.

We had a chitty first half against Butler and came back. We had the ball and a 4 point lead going into the under 4 TO.
Mack stole the inbounds after the TO was fouled and we melted down.
That is the hidden hardest bad loss of the JB era.
We win that game we play a double OT tired Kansas State team.
5 seed mediocre Michigan State team in the Final
lFour.
Weak 1 seed Duke team.

If only Rautins hit that deep three near the end of the game.

That NCAAT was decimated by injuries. Michigan State lost their star PG, IIRC, and I think that was the year Purdue lost Hummel?

Don't forget that Butler 3 that bounced 20 times, hit the backboard twice and went in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom