"I'll be shocked if we beat Eastern Michigan" | Syracusefan.com

"I'll be shocked if we beat Eastern Michigan"

SWC75 said:
...said a friend of mine. :mad: I told him that i would be shocked, too, since we'll be playing Central Michigan. :cool:
Man, I'm harping tonight -- I get it -- but I hope you told your friend off. In part because he cared enough to talk smack, but not enough to get his facts straight. (How you locals don't combat bad attitudes is beyond me.)

This is the same coaching staff that beat BC and Minny. I loved when Wilson came in because he threw north -- but if any of us were experts/confident in our football skills we'd find a higher paying job than Internet poster.

(How you locals don't combat bad attitudes is beyond me.) LOL.

You have a PhD in Sociology?

bevosu said:
(How you locals don't combat bad attitudes is beyond me.) LOL. You have a PhD in Sociology?
It doesn't take one to recognize that unfounded bad thoughts beget others. Playing the victim is easy.

SWC , tell your friend not to bet against Cuse . Having spent a good deal of time in Vegas sports books , I've seen many novice betters make the wager against a team that struggled the week before (Especially game 1) only to have that team play a great game. At that point, while they're tearing up the losing tickets , you hear things like , "Where did that come from", or " How can a team suck so bad one week and look like contenders the next. If I were in Vegas in 2 weeks , my instincts tell me to go all in on Orange.

SWC , tell your friend not to bet against Cuse . Having spent a good deal of time in Vegas sports books , I've seen many novice betters make the wager against a team that struggled the week before (Especially game 1) only to have that team play a great game. At that point, while they're tearing up the losing tickets , you hear things like , "Where did that come from", or " How can a team suck so bad one week and look like contenders the next. If I were in Vegas in 2 weeks , my instincts tell me to go all in on Orange.

My friend is a good guy but tends toward pessimism, at least when it come to SU teams. His basic position is that if we play like that 12 times in a row, we'll have a lousy season. It's hard to argue with that. If any team you saw this weekend played like that the rest of the season, they'd have a lousy season.

Man, I'm harping tonight -- I get it -- but I hope you told your friend off. In part because he cared enough to talk smack, but not enough to get his facts straight. (How you locals don't combat bad attitudes is beyond me.)

This is the same coaching staff that beat BC and Minny. I loved when Wilson came in because he threw north -- but if any of us were experts/confident in our football skills we'd find a higher paying job than Internet poster.

I leave the bad attitude combating to the super heroes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom