"I'm drinking a lot of Budweisers after the game." | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

"I'm drinking a lot of Budweisers after the game."

Having worked for Anheuser-Busch corporate the past 32+ yrs in sales & marketing, no one at AB had any idea Peyton would say what he did. What if the Panthers won and Cam Newton mentioned he was going to drink High Plains Toasted Vanilla IPA...would football fans get red as* because of him saying that?

Budweiser is an excellent American lager since 1876 and all its advertising insures that Americans are working in so many related industries not to say the 1000+ AB employees based in CNY at their Baldwinsville, NY brewery.

Budweiser is an excellent American lager since 1876 .

Rostwasser_Wasserhahn.jpg

I have absolutely nothing to base this on, but that Papa John guy annoys me.
He was among the anonymous participants in a Koch brothers secret strategy session about 2 years ago.

People here are awfully salty.

Peyton has capitalized on his public image and he's probably set up comfortable lives for generations of his family to come. It'd be financially stupid for him not to sell out and get as much sweet advertising dollars as he possibly could -- he's one of the most marketable athletes ever.

Wasn't it a common practice in the past for the Super Bowl MVP to be filmed saying "I'm going to Disney World" or some such thing? I always assumed they received some from of compensation besides free admission.

I love Peyton as a player but he is such an advertising whore. I realize that Bud cannot and did not pay him to do that but he owns Bud distributors, so ultimately he makes $ off it.
Out the window if he retires.

What a bunch of Candy @$$E$... I don't care if he owns the entire company, it was a great line and all the more reason I root for him.

Congrats Peyton, congrats Broncos. We lost an icon from the game last night, instead of whining about the umpteenth thing in regards to him, enjoy him for what he is because he's never walking back on that field again.

Garth.jpg

Last edited:
People here are awfully salty.

Peyton has capitalized on his public image and he's probably set up comfortable lives for generations of his family to come. It'd be financially stupid for him not to sell out and get as much sweet advertising dollars as he possibly could -- he's one of the most marketable athletes ever.
IMO Manning was already over-exposed (Papa John's, Buick, Nationwide, Direct TV, Gatorade), and things are only going to get worse. At some point there has to be a reverse affect in advertising when viewers get turned off seeing the same celebrity schill pitching different products.

Having worked for Anheuser-Busch corporate the past 32+ yrs in sales & marketing, no one at AB had any idea Peyton would say what he did. What if the Panthers won and Cam Newton mentioned he was going to drink High Plains Toasted Vanilla IPA...would football fans get red as* because of him saying that?

Budweiser is an excellent American lager since 1876 and all its advertising insures that Americans are working in so many related industries not to say the 1000+ AB employees based in CNY at their Baldwinsville, NY brewery.
There is no such thing as an excellent adjunct lager. Sorry but if you're adding rice or other cheap fermentables then excellence should not be considered part of the equation. Reinheitsgebot.

There is no such thing as an excellent adjunct lager. Sorry but if you're adding rice or other cheap fermentable's then excellence should not be considered part of the equation. Reinheitsgebot.

Meh its beer. You drink enough of it you get drunk. I drink Bud and Bud Light occasionally as well. Not everyone is into triple hopped cranberry wheat chocolate stout types of beer.

Meh its beer. You drink enough of it you get drunk. I drink Bud and Bud Light occasionally as well. Not everyone is into triple hopped cranberry wheat chocolate stout types of beer.

Yeah, but there are enough standard lagers out there that taste like actual beer instead of Bud's beer-flavored water.

I enjoy going to the Tusk, World of Beers or a brewery every now and then, but, ultimately, it doesn't really matter to me. Not denouncing what other people may consider very seriously, just stating that I drink to have fun, not to determine 5 distinct layers of taste.

They don't have to be to still get a good lager. Saranac Adirondack Lager is fine example. I'm ok with people drinking adjunct lagers, to each their own but calling it excellent is laughable. It's rice beer. If you want to drink rice beer I won't stop you. I prefer the fermentables in my beer to leave some body behind, not just just boost the alcohol content, make the beer dry, and make it cheaper to produce.

I enjoy going to the Tusk, World of Beers or a brewery every now and then, but, ultimately, it doesn't really matter to me. Not denouncing what other people may consider very seriously, just stating that I drink to have fun, not to determine 5 distinct layers of taste.

So do I. Aside from Coors Light I love all beers. I just grew up where you drank crappy cheap beer and I loved every minute of it and still do. Going to college today is almost fake as kids are so damn spoiled and think they have to spend $10 on a 4 pack of beer.

I will wear the badge of honor and swill it.

They don't have to be to still get a good lager. Saranac Adirondack Lager is fine example. I'm ok with people drinking adjunct lagers, to each their own but calling it excellent is laughable. It's rice beer. If you want to drink rice beer I won't stop you. I prefer the fermentables in my beer to leave some body behind, not just just boost the alcohol content, make the beer dry, and make it cheaper to produce.

I will drink anything. Its freaking beer. If its cold enough it does the job. I'm not about body and all that other crap that people "say" they need in a beer. Its beer. You drink enough of it you get drunk.

I will drink anything. Its freaking beer. If its cold enough it does the job. I'm not about body and all that other crap that people "say" they need in a beer. Its beer. You drink enough of it you get drunk.
If you eat enough Ramen you get full too, doesn't mean it's excellent, that's what I had an issue with the marketing guy from Bud saying. Drink your rice/corn beer if you like it. I still eat ramen noodles, I just won't EVER call them excellent. But I do get full.

The other thing...beer isn't supposed to be ice cold. The reason it only tastes good ice cold, is because at that temperature, beer loses most of it's flavor. There's a reason it tastes like rotten compost as it gets warmer, but it shouldn't.

If you eat enough Ramen you get full too, doesn't mean it's excellent, that's what I had an issue with the marketing guy from Bud saying. Drink your rice/corn beer if you like it. I still eat ramen noodles, I just won't EVER call them excellent. But I do get full.

I dont care if there is poop in beer when they make it. Rice, corn, whatever. I'll have 2 of everything

Yeah, I'm no beer snob, but I like living in a world where I can drink good stuff. I don't long for the days when these were what the father's in my neighborhood drank at summer BBQs...

schaefer_default.jpg

gold-cans-2.gif

532.jpg

Yeah, I'm no beer snob, but I like living in a world where I can drink good stuff. I don't long for the days when these were what the father's in my neighborhood drank at summer BBQs...

schaefer_default.jpg

gold-cans-2.gif

532.jpg

I still drink Old Swill from time to time.

When tailgating I drink Bud Light, Coors Light, Blue Light, etc. I want to taste the food and the beer is for beer muscles. Also if I'm putting it in a beer pong cup or playing Cornhole quantity is better than quality, imo.

I still enjoy a nice micro brew (Great Lakes Brewery, Southern Tier) or the Sam Seasonals when the time is right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom